Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sidi series 2 mace OTR CAI

nOisia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 sv6
Hi Mace,

Im keen to get one of these units, just wanted to check a few things before buying.

I've seen on other web forums that sometimes a vacum hose ends up too short?

I'm confident of fitting it myself. but just wanted to know if anything would fall short once I install?

I'm aware that the unit is a tight fit, but didn't want to be knee deep and need to go buy a hose or somthing to finish the install.

Do you have the most current install manual for the CAI and manifold spacer? because I could only find a manual on the spacer and that looked like it wasn't a VE

How easy is it to remove panel filters for service? what is involved? What is the average km's of suburban driving for panel filter service.

Thank you

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
I drove 2 days without the hose so don't worry too much about that, it vents very little oil compared to the manifold oil lines. A meter of 3/8th hose from autobahn and it'll basically plug-n-play. The instructions are perfect and everything's detailed, as for the VCM unit it's pretty self explanatory once you get the radiator brackets on + there's a guide for the V8 on VCMs website which is pretty much the same.

IMO it's better upgrade to the 12mm spacer, the gains are greater and the OTR will fit easier.

nOisia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 sv6
Thank you

Isn't VCM a different brand of Cold air intake?

Are you saying that a 12mm spacer will have better gains than the 6mm and that the whole MACE CAI will fit better using the 12mm

Whats involved with panel service and what intervals would you be cleaning this?

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
VCM is the brand and they make OTRs for V8s but mace have made an adapter so it can connect to our VEs.

12mm will have greater gains over a 6mm set and yes it will fit better using the 12mm.

To my understanding you have to remove the whole OTR (not 100% sure on that part), undo 3 push style retainer clips, remove the filter and spray it with filter cleaner. I plan on cleaning mine every 7,500kms to 10,000kms. The installation isn't hard just a time consuming as it is a bit fiddly.

i've done a review on the insulators, it's in this subforum. I will be doing one on the OTR once i get a tune as well.

nOisia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2 sv6
Thank you both Mace and sv6guy for your information.

Will go with the 12mm spacer once im ready to purchase.:)