Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] some bastard keyed my car.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Down in Newy the other week some lowlife keyed the missus new red clubby. Fairdinkum ya cant have nothing nice unless some jerk wants to mess with it. Any way the scratch was down to the metal on the rear door so to hide it in the short term i got some turtle wax stuff the one with what looks like a small stick of lipstick on the bottle. I filled the scratch a few times working across it gave it a polish and now its near impossible to see. Good temp fix i thought

Boostedn14

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
you have 2 options,

1: do a 'touch up' on it, considering you own a VE i wouldnt do that, in fact i wouldnt do it to any car, looks shithouse.

2: pay the $650 to get it painted, thats actually a decent price. The only way to get rid of the marks is to sand it back, prime it then paint it.

Shambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series III CV8 & VE 3.0 Omega
Have you spoken to your insurance about your excess? I had someone do a hit and run on my car when i had the age excess and i only had to pay the basic excess because I was not the driver (obviously cause the car was locked up and parked).
Worth a phone call if you havn't already. Bad luck that though, there are some tools around. Thats why i have the VS, I wont take the CV8 to the shops for this very reason.