Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] some bastard keyed my car.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hey guys just wanting to know weather there is a cheaper way to fix this other than taking it to the panel shop and its going to cost me $650. the key is down to metal on the rear door and only the clear on the front door..
(key is down from 2/3rds of the front door to the back of the rear door).. any way of fixing this and making it look decent would be nice... ill throw some pics up later.. cheers

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
being a white car you might be able to get away with just going to a bumper repair shop or get them to come to you? ive used them before and they were cheaper than a paint shop. worth a try?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
If the cost is too much, why don't you claim on insurance ??

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
insurance is $1000 excess.. the spray shop is $650... i tried calling a bunch of them and never got a call back or a quote no one was able to help me as to weather they actually do it... i might try calling around abit more.

Budmulla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
When I worked at a Honda dealership as a detailer we used to have a mob called "the touch up guys" who would take care of any minor stuff like paint chips and scratches ect. Their work was top notch and id imagine similar services would be available in most major cities.
Might be cheaper since they dont have to paint as much.

If it didnt have the clear coat or wasnt so new (unlike my old VN), id say have a crack yaself.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
$650 is a good price, stop bitchin and get it done and get on with your life
you own a new (ish) car, you should maintain it imo

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
$650 is a good price, stop bitchin and get it done and get on with your life
you own a new (ish) car, you should maintain it imo

how would you like someone keying your car and telling you get on with it... little hard to maintain with ####ing stupid people around.. basically mate... no need to comment if your only going to be an asshole =]

Cheers.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Sorry to hear about ya ride ....mongrels should be shot.
Ignore the idiot posters !!

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
how would you like someone keying your car and telling you get on with it... little hard to maintain with ####ing stupid people around.. basically mate... no need to comment if your only going to be an asshole =]

Cheers.

do we live on different planets? i have th esame stupid people living around me too remember...
as for being an asshole im not trying to be, might have come across like that accidentally but in relity what i said is the truth, its a good price and you should get it done and move on

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
It doesn't matter if it's a good price Wildss, the point is that price shouldn't of ever arose.