Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Speaker Basic Upgrade...

dylan13n

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII
Hi all, just a quick question i couldnt find by searching,, its probibly too obvious... The VE (and probibly earlier models too) how is the tweeter / mid front speaker setup accomplished by factory?, is there a passive x-over? (simple capacitor / inductor setup or what?), what i am asking is.. to save messing about running new wiring etc, is it at all possible to replace the facotry mid (front door) and tweet (dash) with some aftermarket ones and not bother using the aftermarket x-over and running new wires?,. just simply replace the drivers in doors and dash?
i have a set of 5.5" Blaupunkt splits laying around and wanted to just wack them in this way... (anything better than stock paper cone rubish i asume?.....
any advice much appreciated..... and BTW i am using factory HU power for front / rear chennals and have a loc . amp . single sub setup aswell....
cheers

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
In any case when replacing either a midbass, midrange driver, or tweeter, you want to use a crossover that is designed specifically for those components. Unless your running an active setup and choosing your own crossover points.