Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Speaker Wiring

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hey guys,
Ive got a VE to install a LOC/amp/sub into, just wanting to know if anyone has tapped into the speaker wires to wire up the LOC, (btw the car is a ute so only front speaker outputs?) If so, what colours are the wiring?

I realise ive gotta pull off the drivers side of the centre console to access the stereo plug, but didnt wanna risk testing wires and thought some nice person would make this part of the job a little easier......also how did you go about remote power for the amp, just wire it to accessories or is there a wire that powers the stereo i can tap into?

Cheers for the help in advance ;)

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
OK well i found the wiring colours (lol)....
Just in case others want to know:

*Remove drivers side centre console panel
*You'll see a black plug on the "side" of the stereo, this is your speaker outputs and constant 12v+.

Dark Green - / Light Green + = Front Right Speaker
Grey - / Brown + = Front Left Speaker
Light Blue - / Dark Blue + = Rear Right Speaker
Yellow/Red - / Brown + = Rear Right Speaker

*Also, just below the black plug is a white plug with 3 wires in it and not connected to anything, this is a good source for accessories (Brown / Yellow wire) and earth i suppose (black wire).

kgb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Do you have any pictures of the job? I'm wanting to do the same thing but not sure where to start.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I havent done the job yet, just got two VE utes to do in the next week or so, and wanted to do some research to make the job a little easier ;)

Apparently the panels pull apart and go back together like lego?? lol.

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Mate, its all pretty easy actually. Everything is just clipped together. You start with the big plastic bit under the steering wheel. Just firmly pull on the bottom of that (bottom obviously being down towards the pedals) and you should hear it click and feel it come down etc then do the same for the upper bit of it and it should come straight off. Then its the same for the plastic bit that covers all the wiring behind the H/U. I think it has a clip or two up the top of it and thats about it.

So yeah the key is to apply firm pressure to the panels and the clips will unclip. (eg don't just yank at it you will probably break the clips)

dakman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute 22's lowered hardlid
cheers mate. yea thought it jus unclipped like it does around the front centre speaker, but didnt wanna break no clips lol.. cheers

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
OK well i found the wiring colours (lol)....
Just in case others want to know:

*Remove drivers side centre console panel
*You'll see a black plug on the "side" of the stereo, this is your speaker outputs and constant 12v+.

Dark Green - / Light Green + = Front Right Speaker
Grey - / Brown + = Front Left Speaker
Light Blue - / Dark Blue + = Rear Right Speaker
Yellow/Red - / Brown + = Rear Right Speaker

*Also, just below the black plug is a white plug with 3 wires in it and not connected to anything, this is a good source for accessories (Brown / Yellow wire) and earth i suppose (black wire).

You said "Rear Right Speakers" two times... Which one is which? haha

Danulman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina MY 07
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this as im looking at doing other things whilst changing speakers?