Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sports wagon towbar

oz-fr

Reaction score
Hi all,

i take delivery of my brand new VE SV6 wagon on Monday cant wait! i will be needing a tow bar for a bike rack... the genuine Holden one sounds a bit steep in price to me, but at that point i don't know how much they go for. Holden's price was $700 for a 1600kg

any one know if this sounds about right for a tow bar or anyone know of any where cheaper in eastern Melbourne?

thanks.

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Just get the genuine one. They will be able to install it for you before you pick it up and its covered under the 2 year 50,000km warranty. Also it connects straight into your loom and the section they cut out in the bar is finished off with a little surround. Also if you have reverse sensor then the harness will go straight into it.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
700 isnt too bad for genuine. i doubt theres any aftermarket company making one yet anyway(unless its the supplier to holden, in which case its probably similar price)

oz-fr

Reaction score
no probs, thanks guys! just thought it was worth the question after they tried to sell me floor mats for 150 bucks!

BEE 444

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Sportswagon/Vt LS1 6spd
I got the factory towbar on my ssv wagon, the only problem with it is that it doesnt have a finishing trim that goes around where the hitch comes through the bumper, looks a bit unfinished. I believe that the hayman reece one does, if i had of known I might have gone that way??