Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Sportwagon Suspension Query??

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Wagons and utes are very bum-high from factory - the rear springs are different to the sedan counterparts - aftermarket springs have higher spring rates and a bigger drop, due to the fact that the standard springs are way higher than the standard springs on the sedans. Voodoo's car still has a very slight rake to it (looks great, incidentally!) but nowhere near as harsh as from factory.

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Thanks TS...

So based on this info i would need to lower the back more than the front?? Or are you saying that the extra ride height in the ass (from factory) is already allowed for but the aftermarket springs manufacturers?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
It's allowed for - the aftermarket springs are level - it's the factory ones that aren't. I'm assuming voodoo has gone for the two different sized springs to keep the gap from tyre to arch even front to back (which makes sense) - SSL at the back will have the car level, but the rear guards will sit a little lower over the rear tyres - if that makes sense.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
yep, tinny's right. one step lower at rear.

looking at voodoo's pic above, no way in hell lower springs werent put in the back. 150% no way. maybe the people who lowered it have done sportwagons in the past and know to 'tuck it in' at the rear automatically without asking owner. or maybe they got sick of people taking it back and getting it redone. when mine was first done, they put same height springs in front and rear (lowering it the same all the way around), and the arse was up a tad higher than the front. still looked "ok"... but not as it sould be. 1 step lower at rear is definitely required.

voodoo's wagon looks perfect... one step lower at the rear. the bodylines make it look like its still higher, but its an optical illusion. look at the wheel arches carefully. the rear wheels tuck in ever so slightly into the rear guards... the way a sportwagon should look. click on my link below. the pics were taken when I first brought it home (and has since settled in a little lower). actually, I think I should pull my finger out and get some more recent ones done (gives me an excuse to give her a good detail- which I havent done in ages).

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Yeah mate only took a couple of hours while haven some beers one afternoon
the springs i went with are super low heres the king spring numbers for super low to suit your wagon
Front KHFL-150SSL
Rear KHRL-152SLHD

These are the part #'s I have in my wagon. But the rears aren't heavy duty.

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Gee im confused:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:....so Voodoo has SL in the Arse and SSL at the front...but everyone else reckons to go the opposite way??

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
Gee im confused:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:....so Voodoo has SL in the Arse and SSL at the front...but everyone else reckons to go the opposite way??

Ring King Springs direct and they will put your mind at ease.

That is what they recommended and Protek Tyres who fitted them also recommended them.

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
Ok with the king spring numbers the wagons have different numbers to sedans have a look on the king spring site it will show you the part numbers for 2" lowered. I think VooDoo has sedan springs in his.

Benny J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 White VE SSV Wag
Thanks again fellas!!

These are the numbers i have found based on what has been stated above:

Rear - KHRL-152SSLHD+
Front - KHFL-150SL+

Would this be correct?? Ultra Low in the bum and super lows up front...

wez84

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv/vr calais V6 turbo oneday N/A Track car
If it was up to me I would have mine sit like VooDoo's in which case the numbers would be
KHFL-150ssl front
KHRL-152sl rear or KHRL-152SLHD which will sit a little higher and firmer