Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve spy technology

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
yea kinda, but if the owners (managers, buisness owners etc) want to know if there cars are being treated properly its ok as they wouldnt want to be spending unnecessary money etc

L

LeBoofer

It has benefits, and it also has disadvantages. From what Ive read, it gives the owners the option to check in on the car and usages etc.

The other technology is the upgrade of the Holden Assist, that looks pretty fandangled! Good to see Holden moving forward with the advancing technology!

Evman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS M6
I think it's a good idea. If I leant my car to other people I'd want to know if they'd been thrashing it or not.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
Troy711 said:
i reckon its a bit of an invasion of privacy...

Wrong! Just like your employer has EVERY right to read ANY email you have ever sent or received on your work account. Your employer OWNS it, just like they own the vehicle. Remember here, we're talking purely FLEET vehicles. Not salary packaged vehicles or novated lease vehicles. If your work vehicle is supplied as part of your remuneration package, then yes - invasion of privacy becomes an issue. If it's purely a work tool, then GREAT technology I say! :D

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hmm you better be careful now when your out using the fleet car and Nicky from the printing department is with you:eek:
Step outside the Vehicle:p

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Our VZ's at work already have data recorders in them (kinda like a black box recorder). When the company first put them in there were a few sackings after blokes were found to be driving at 160 and above. At the time we did not know they were installed. There hidden in the car.

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
i rekon it kinda depends on whether its a company car thats a tool of trade or a salary sacrifice car.

If i had this in a salary sacrifice car i'd go nuts and probably make sure i got something OTHER than a VE.

if it was in a tool of trade company car then i'd live with it. Not my car so i can understand if the owner wants to keep tabs on what i'm doin with his wheels.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
squire_j said:
i rekon it kinda depends on whether its a company car thats a tool of trade or a salary sacrifice car.

If i had this in a salary sacrifice car i'd go nuts and probably make sure i got something OTHER than a VE.

if it was in a tool of trade company car then i'd live with it. Not my car so i can understand if the owner wants to keep tabs on what i'm doin with his wheels.

Um yeah... Looks like you didn't read what I already said mate :whistling