Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS 2 Speedo Problems..... sorta :P

djlennane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS/300zx TT
Hey guys, I did a quick search but couldn't find what i was looking for regarding my speedo going bonkers.

The other night going to work i was amused to see that my speedo had gone off the dial and was passed the max speed on my car. I pulled over to the side of the road and the speedo stopped on 160km/h. I turned the car off and back on but to no avail. I drove the rest of the way to work using the digital speedo and thought i would take it to the dealer after work but when i finished work the speedo had reset and was sitting back on 0km/h. I dont understand lol how can it go from 160km/h out and back in a few hours? This is the second time my speedo has thrown its self out both times being the anologe speedo.

Its just clicked over to 6000km

Anyone had this problem or problems with the speedo in the VE/SS/Series2?
Wondering if i should take it back to holden to get it fixed even tho its only done it twice. Its still under warranty from both holden and the dealer.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I wouldn't admit to such excessive speeding on a public forum mate! :p

djlennane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS/300zx TT
Lol the speedo was speeding not the car

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
If my speedo was playing up more than once then I'd take it back for repairs. Common sense really.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Your car is really a DeLorean. Once you hit 88mph you started to time travel, obviously this is why your speedo pegged out.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
Your car is really a DeLorean. Once you hit 88mph you started to time travel, obviously this is why your speedo pegged out.

This would also explain the excessive oil leaking occurring.