Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ajezd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS commodore Ute 6spd Manual
Pretty certain it’s diff related but it only started happening yesterday, at low speeds a clunk in the rear occurs when turning sharp both left/right, when turning right up a hill it felt like both were about to lock up but just shuddered. No whine or anything driving or any clunks 20kmh+ Drives normal, I have barely even skidded the car maybe only once or twice so it doesn’t make sense
Worn clutch packs?
Bad oil?
Spider gears cooked?
Some help would be awesome thanks!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Look at your bushes first before you start investigating the diff.

Ajezd

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS commodore Ute 6spd Manual
Yeh I have investigated all bushes, 99% certain it’s diff related.
Hooked a corner this morning turning right slowly and the right rear wheel was skipping like the diff was welded

Ls1Nova71

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
Sounds like the clutches are sticking. Has the gear oil been changed recently, like maybe they didn't use the correct lube or not put any limited slip additive to it? I dont know about where you are, but here in the states the GM dealer has some good additive you can add that will usually calm down a sticky posi unit, a cheap thing to try.

Hayden.warren01

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore
Hey bud you end up diagnosing the problem? As mine just started doing the exact same thing but havnt had time to look at anything yet

Leon Rouge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V V6 2011
I’ve been having a very similar issue.
My VE 2 V6 Calais often locks up trying to change gears when I slow into second and then accelerate again. Sometimes it feels like the car is going to break.
Mainly happens turning right or as I reach a crest of a hill, slow down then accelerate again
I got it diagnosed by Holden as it being the diff.
I got another part, they replaced it and it’s even worse now so I suspect my second hand ‘suspiciously low amount of kms written on it’ part was the problem.
Will probably have it replaced again. I will update here with my results.