Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Audio is Crap!!!!

civiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 (9.5)
Hi all,

First time on a Forum, like, ever!!!
Just bought my first SS 2 weeks ago. Have driven VE's for last 4 years as Company Car. Audio ALWAYS average. From what i've read on previous threads, i gather that I can't do anything with the Head-Unit, but can i improve sound at all with upgraded speakers?? Can anyone suggest anything, or tell me what they've done?? Any help would be awesome

Cheers,

Adamski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Ute
I just put a pair of Infinity Reference 6530cs Components in my ute and it has made a HUGE improvement. Next on the agenda is making some better speaker mounts in the doors with wood and then sound deaden the inner and outer skin.

VE's are awesome to work on in the cabin! Panels are like Lego.

jarryd110

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
can do the head unit now. just came out FINALLY

YUM.55V

Reaction score
Members Ride
09' VE SSV Special Edition
I agree with the shitness of the stock audio. Here is a post I posted in another thread, might help you out.

I had an audio system installed in my ute about 2 weeks ago.

This is my setup

2 x Focal 165KR 6.5" component speakers (Mounted in front factory locations)
1 x Focal 33V1 12" subwoofer (In a sub-ported box behind drivers seat)
1 x V-Power MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp (mounted under passenger seat)
Disconnected central dash speaker
Disconnected rear mounted speakers
Sound deadening on both doors

Came in at around 2000 installed.

I chose focal because after researching they were the ebst speakers for what I want, a nice clean and crisp sound at all volumes.

The splits are great and provide a very good sound clarity. While the sub gives a nice level of bass without being over powering.

I didnt want a system that was only volume so other people on the street can here it as I drive, I wanted a system that sounded good to ME as I drove. This system does this very well. The sound deadening eliminated outside noise and keeps the sound in the cabin, so when all windows and doors are shut in sound impecable at any voume.

However, audio input quality can be an issue. Forget playing your ipod through a system like this the quality of the audip is too low. Mp3's on a CD sound ok, but CD quality audio is best. Higher bitrate = Better sounding music.

Thats my 2 cents anyway
Dave