Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss auto cabin boom

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
I have a 3" xforce cat back on mine and I can tell you the drone gets even worse when you change the diff gears! But in saying that I know a guy with same headers and cats as me but with a hurricane stainless 3" cat back running a higher gear ratio and has absolutely no drone and sounds great when u hit the go pedal! Now I just gotta get the money to get mine done!

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
On the flip side I've got a 3" X-force which will only drone/boom in 6th gear in manual mode/ active select at =/-1km/h of 80km/h. In auto mode it's fine. Can live with that!

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks for all the help. I'm pretty sure the exhaust will go and I'll decide on what to do next. I don't want to risk getting the headers and cats for it to not change or be worse. So I'm not sure what I'll do. I must say I think it's mostly to do with the auto loading up the engine. I know xforce isn't the best but I've ran xforce in the past and sound wise no issue what so ever that was on a manual. I'd really love to find someone with a system on an auto I could go for a drive in to compare. Problem is i don't know anyone except a bloke with a full xforce on a wagon 3" don't know how on earth he puts up with that but anyway that's another story. I just wish I had the coin to get a full Difillipo system or something. Maybe I should get a mild steel manta system with headers and cats but I'm worried if I go to all that effort it won't be much better as mentioned before. It's just odd it doesn't drone in top gear on highway it's just that light throttle around town in the aforementioned rev range.. So frustrating!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
You do realize you got ripped! I got my stainless 2.5 inch for 780 installed new from True Flow Exhausts in Deer Park Melboune. Sounds like you got shafted lols

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Sounds like you are trying to discredit me. Why? Is it because I disagreed with something you said or corrected you on something?

If someone agrees to pay an amount for a product or service, then they must be happy with that price. If they are happy to pay that price, then how is it getting ripped off? If a person sees the value for money in a product or service, then they are happy with the price that they are paying.

Nobody is holding a gun to peoples heads forcing them to buy certain products.

You obviously like XForce, good for you, believe it or not, there are people out there that don't.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
You do realize you got ripped! I got my stainless 2.5 inch for 780 installed new from True Flow Exhausts in Deer Park Melboune. Sounds like you got shafted lols

Oooooh 20 bucks more, yeah he got ripped hard. Next time I'm sure he'll drive from NSW to deer park to avoid it happening again!

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
Sounds like you are trying to discredit me. Why? Is it because I disagreed with something you said or corrected you on something?

If someone agrees to pay an amount for a product or service, then they must be happy with that price. If they are happy to pay that price, then how is it getting ripped off? If a person sees the value for money in a product or service, then they are happy with the price that they are paying.

Nobody is holding a gun to peoples heads forcing them to buy certain products.

You obviously like XForce, good for you, believe it or not, there are people out there that don't.

Discredit you? I just read up on your exhaust shop, so you sold him that 2.5 catback. Was it stainless or mild? I'm just asking cos I paid 780 installed. Go on ebay and you can get it cheaper that that but I wouldn't cos I don't trust anyone selling parts online unless they have a store which I can come see them afterwards if theres a problem

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
He said his was mild steel. Mine is stainless and I purchased the xforce 2 1/2 varex mufflers, awesome!!! Can't beat the quality of stainless, it's tougher than that mild stuff by a long shot.