Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss auto tune

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Having a mafless tune done will almost certainly void your warranty but an exhaust system shouldn't as long as you put the o2 sensors back in the right spot and no lights or codes are produced.

If u want a good set of headers i suggest Pacemakers tri Y not the 4into 1 extractors

Well i had warranty work done with a mafless tune and paceys 4 in 1's and it was all good, no problems. I'd go for the 4 in 1 over the tri everytime but that's just me.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
+1 for pacemaker 4-1. Have them on my car, money well spent.

I_LOVE_V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8
I definitely wouldn't agree with you mate, especially after meeting a guy at the drags two weeks ago, who has got a ve ss auto supercharged and he reckons he went through 3 gearboxes so far, and thats with normal street driving (most of the time)

Nanoxcel_ u should be fine with ur mods dough, and if i was u i would reconsider some other headers than X-Force. just saying 'coz i do have full 3" X-Force system with mafless tune and i would go with different headers now! good luck mate and i'm sure u will like ur mods :)

You say, "normal street driving (most of the time)"

How was he driving when he wasn't doing normal street driving?

There are many work shops installing superchargers to automatic VE's that are producing 400+ kw and are having no transmission failures… unless the car is abused, then of course, any component can fail.

If it was so easy to damage a VE automatic transmission (GM-6L80E) then most of the work shops doing modification will have to eliminate doing modifications to VE's with automatic transmissions.

Ring any popular, well known work shop that modifies VE's and ask them about the durability of a VE automatic transmission.

Im not suggesting that a VE automatic transmission is unbreakable, there are people that break them, most of the time its because they abuse their cars.

There are many VE owners running big power and torque through an automatic, and are fail free... drive it sensibly and it will last.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
u dont need to remove the maff for autos, just get a decent tuner and u will get simlar results

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
You say, "normal street driving (most of the time)"

How was he driving when he wasn't doing normal street driving?

There are many work shops installing superchargers to automatic VE's that are producing 400+ kw and are having no transmission failures… unless the car is abused, then of course, any component can fail.

If it was so easy to damage a VE automatic transmission (GM-6L80E) then most of the work shops doing modification will have to eliminate doing modifications to VE's with automatic transmissions.

Ring any popular, well known work shop that modifies VE's and ask them about the durability of a VE automatic transmission.

Im not suggesting that a VE automatic transmission is unbreakable, there are people that break them, most of the time its because they abuse their cars.

There are many VE owners running big power and torque through an automatic, and are fail free... drive it sensibly and it will last.

Well said mate!

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Got my car done today, I am so happy with it, it sounds awesome and feels like a complete different car to drive.

Results Dyno and Gtec
Standard : 270rwhp and did 13.7 sec @102mph on Gtec Meter
Mods: 340rwhp (cant Gtec cause its raining now and post later when ive done it)

As a comparison my old VT clubby(with similar mods) had 310rwhp and did 13.5sec @107mph on Gtec

Chaps90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Got my car done today, I am so happy with it, it sounds awesome and feels like a complete different car to drive.

Results Dyno and Gtec
Standard : 270rwhp and did 13.7 sec @102mph on Gtec Meter
Mods: 340rwhp (cant Gtec cause its raining now and post later when ive done it)

As a comparison my old VT clubby(with similar mods) had 310rwhp and did 13.5sec @107mph on Gtec

Very nice gain. What did you end up putting on the car?