Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss auto tune

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi Guys ive just got a new SS series 2 auto and im just about to get my first 3000kh service, I have been waiting for this as I am considering getting a full Xforce Exhaust system, OTRCAI and then a MAFLESS tune ($4000 package).

My question is will the auto handle the extra power and will i loose warranty on my car by doing this?

P.S Ive been searching these forums for a while to see if someone else has asked this but i cant find any questions like this.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Who knows with warranty, depends on your dealer so you can ask the question and see what they say. Your auto will be ok with the mods you've listed.

Nanoxcel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks Lads, will talk to holden tomorrow when i get my service and see what they say

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hi Guys ive just got a new SS series 2 auto and im just about to get my first 3000kh service, I have been waiting for this as I am considering getting a full Xforce Exhaust system, OTRCAI and then a MAFLESS tune ($4000 package).

My question is will the auto handle the extra power and will i loose warranty on my car by doing this?

P.S Ive been searching these forums for a while to see if someone else has asked this but i cant find any questions like this.

Well i the have the series 1 ss with all the above mods for the last 2 months and my auto and car is fine,i'ts money well spent. I'ts like driving a new car!:driving::cops::doh:

I_LOVE_V8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8
With those mods your transmission will be fine. There are many VE commodores with superchargers on them and are producing 400+ kw at the wheels and the automatic transmission can handle it.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
the auto box can be a bastard to tune though. it has about 400 tuning tables (or there abouts) as opposed to the 4l60e which have about 10, and can take quite a few goes to get right- but not always- as each box seems to have its own unique (braindead) habits. but its nothing that cant be fixed with the right tuner

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
With those mods your transmission will be fine. There are many VE commodores with superchargers on them and are producing 400+ kw at the wheels and the automatic transmission can handle it.

I definitely wouldn't agree with you mate, especially after meeting a guy at the drags two weeks ago, who has got a ve ss auto supercharged and he reckons he went through 3 gearboxes so far, and thats with normal street driving (most of the time)

Nanoxcel_ u should be fine with ur mods dough, and if i was u i would reconsider some other headers than X-Force. just saying 'coz i do have full 3" X-Force system with mafless tune and i would go with different headers now! good luck mate and i'm sure u will like ur mods :)

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Having a mafless tune done will almost certainly void your warranty but an exhaust system shouldn't as long as you put the o2 sensors back in the right spot and no lights or codes are produced.

If u want a good set of headers i suggest Pacemakers tri Y not the 4into 1 extractors