Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Blaupunkt Bluetooth Connects BUT NO "Voice In" Displays

Aliqua

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS Sedan
I purchased an 07 VE SS Sedan a couple of weeks ago and when I attempted to connect my iPhone 4 to it via Bluetooth the Connection was seamless. I am able to connect the iPhone to the "Vehicle BT" and when I use the Phone Button on the steering wheel it will interact (1 press = voice control, etc), HOWEVER:

I am NOT getting "Voice In" coming up anywhere at anytime... If I try to make a call using my phone it will show from the phone that the audio is going through Vehicle BT but there is NO Voice In, and the radio/cd/whatever does not mute and there is no output through the vehicle.

If I call Messagebank I will not be able to hear anything through the car, but if i change the audio to the phone or the phone speaker that works fine... When someone calls me it comes up on the phone but again there is no interaction with the vehicle (No Voice In etc..)...

I have attempted to find more information on this but the best I could find was something along the lines of "reset the BCM" ... No Idea what that means..

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated... Thank-you

Recap: Bluetooth Connects fine... Voice In does NOT display. Phone button on wheel works, but I am not able to do anything through the car (bluetooth/call related) once it's connected.

Thank-you again!

turbocorty

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss
I purchased an 07 VE SS Sedan a couple of weeks ago and when I attempted to connect my iPhone 4 to it via Bluetooth the Connection was seamless. I am able to connect the iPhone to the "Vehicle BT" and when I use the Phone Button on the steering wheel it will interact (1 press = voice control, etc), HOWEVER:

I am NOT getting "Voice In" coming up anywhere at anytime... If I try to make a call using my phone it will show from the phone that the audio is going through Vehicle BT but there is NO Voice In, and the radio/cd/whatever does not mute and there is no output through the vehicle.

If I call Messagebank I will not be able to hear anything through the car, but if i change the audio to the phone or the phone speaker that works fine... When someone calls me it comes up on the phone but again there is no interaction with the vehicle (No Voice In etc..)...

I have attempted to find more information on this but the best I could find was something along the lines of "reset the BCM" ... No Idea what that means..

ANY advice would be greatly appreciated... Thank-you

Recap: Bluetooth Connects fine... Voice In does NOT display. Phone button on wheel works, but I am not able to do anything through the car (bluetooth/call related) once it's connected.

Thank-you again!

Check the white wire in position D5 of the power connector to the radio. This should normally read about 5 volts with no phone call and 0 volts on a call. You can manually ground this wire and see if the radio displays voice in.

Otherwise, there is a white connector behind the glovebox that must have a what looks like a jumper connector attached.

Aliqua

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS Sedan
@turbocorty Thank-you. I will give that a try.