Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Commodore Front Engine Mounts (Drivers Side)

SteveCairns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi guys.

New here, so go easy on me.

I searched lots of sites and manuals for info on how to replace engine mounts on a VE V8 (SSV) and came up empty handed. I bought a Haynes manual and figured the other half out myself so thought I would share this info.

The drivers side seems to be the trickiest, the passenger side is pretty strait fowsrds, so here goes (driver side).

Remove guard on front of engine under bonnet, it is about 4 or 5 plastic screws.

Remove air system between the throttle body and maf - comes off in one piece, just slacken the clamp at either end.

Jack car up and rest on axle stands

Remove drivers side caralytic converter (access is easiest front the engine bay on the top section).

Remove starter motor heat shield, 3 x T25 torx screws

Remove black plug to starter motor. Remove 13mm but holding wiring on starter motor.

Remove plug to oil level sensor.

Remove bolt holding the sensor in and pull this out

Remove 2 mounting bolts (13mm) and lever starter motor out.

Remove bottom nut on engine mount.

Use casting lug on motor with some wood to slightly lift engine

Remove bolts on bracket holding the engine mount

Remove mount and bracket, may need to jack further if required - there is enough lift but stop if it feels like it is restricted in any way.

Replace as required. Install is reverse.

Hope this helps someone out, there is really no other way of doing it, even though it is long winded!

Good luck!