Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

've ss exhaust and tune in Adelaide

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
KPM have always done my tunes and I've never had any issues. People talk a lot of crap.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
No, people find different places suit them better than others.

And yes, plenty of people will always talk crap, heaps on this, and most other forums.

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
I wouldnt go to everlast... Ive seen their work on my own car. I also dont rate enhanced that highly either. Id sugest AAA, DnT or Exhaust Dynamics on Oaklands Rd

6LSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES UTE
I personally would go with KPM on Goodwood RD, I have heard all good things about them and they seem to know what they are talking about. Expensive yes but good quality products used.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Willall for the tune no queation there and they will do OTR as well.

Exhaust best option is online to save $$$ and install yourself(just a abba fan). I've had D@T(sounded good but droned and they couldn't fix), 2 lots of 3" xforces which were good for the $$$ but loud(with cams sedan and ute) and currently have a KPM but that has a crack in the X pipe.

KPM sounds the best.

MurphySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I think I will be going with kpm. Hopefully there tune is good as it comes in a package deal

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Hi all. . I've been shopping around for the best quality for money for my 09 've ss manual. I'm at a loss as where to go to get it done so if anyone in Adelaide has had there 've ss done could u please share Ur experiences and insight Thankyou.
I was thinking either d and t performance or Kpm so far

This is what I'm after

Full exhaust 3inch stainless steel
4 into 1 extractors
Otr air intake
Hi flow cats
Tune

I'm after grunt and noise . Open to all comments thanks

I would go the Pacemaker Tuned Length Header and Hi-Flow cats which will set you back about $2000 installed, exhausts systems are too many to mention and not much difference in them all I got a 2.5 inch X-Force in STainless system which is plenty loud enough but quiet enough not to attract attention when idling alone. Get the VCM OTR with the MAF retained they sell in eBay as for a tune I wouldn't bother unless you want to spend $1000 to gain 18rwhp as that's what mine cost and what I achieved from it, all up my VE is 374.4rwhp with all them mods ( with a Mafless tune). It was 356.6 before the tune.
Important is get the tune done at a reputable place because some places are dodgy and you will end up having to take it to Holden's to get reflashed.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
* I should add....take to Holden's on the back of a tow truck as some people had to do where I live in Esperance, Holden's is in Perth.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Willall for the tune no queation there and they will do OTR as well.

Exhaust best option is online to save $$$ and install yourself(just a abba fan). I've had D@T(sounded good but droned and they couldn't fix), 2 lots of 3" xforces which were good for the $$$ but loud(with cams sedan and ute) and currently have a KPM but that has a crack in the X pipe.

KPM sounds the best.

Nothing more fun than spending all day or 2 installing an exhaust system on a car if you don't have a pit or a hoist. Especially if you have to cut and weld.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
from what i've heard KPM are sh*t they run the same tune in every car rather then custom tune your vehicle to suit its needs. They stuffed up my mates VZ Mallo's clutch twice!

He got a tune by towlers in the end and is very happy with it and its custom to suit his car's air intake and exhaust, and not a off the shelf item like KPM

Willall are amazing and the best in SA for any LS motor. They tuned n built Tom's VY Senator which should be the fast NA 346 in Australia I beleive.

Loen at awesome automotive has a great rep to although I haven't dealt with him, he has tuned a few mate's 5L's