Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Exhaust Compliance

AdamsVESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore 2006
Hi guys, i bought a VE SS a few months ago and it has a 3" Xforce system from the cat back.

the prick of a neighbor at work has complained about the noise and I've had a warning from the trans depart coming from his complaint, i believe if i get another complaint i have to take it in and get it officially tested.

I have had a quick look at the Db with the phone and it was between 96 to 100 (the phone was only to gauge the ballpark im in, definatly wasnt set up the way it should be to get an accurate reading lol).

Does anyone here have a VE SS with Xforce 3" cat back? mines also cammed, apparently a cam can raise the Db too?

i believe my mufflers are needing replacing which is contributing to the high Db.

my question is, does the system i have normally fall under the legal limit for the sound?

also does anyone know the current Db limit for a 2006 V8?

i need to address this so i dont get my car taken off the road but i fear if i buy the same system i have i would have spent money and still be over

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Cars built prior to 1983, legal exhaust Db limit is 96. Cars built after 1983 legal exhaust Db limit is 90

The rpm you'll be tested for will range from 3200rpm to 4000rpm depending on the size of the engine. 3200rpm - 8 cyl, 3500rpm - 6cyl and 4000rpm - 4cyl.

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Oh and it’s measured 1m from the exhaust

AdamsVESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Commodore 2006
yeah the rpm you mentioned seems lower than ive been told, and now i guess my only concern is if i replace my 3" xforce with a new will it still be over