Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS fuel economy

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Hey all was just wondering what sort of K's you get out of a full tank in your VE SS's ?????
What sort or driving you do and roughly how many $$$$$ you spend a week at the pump.

(also does it make it any different between the auto and manual??)

cheers tom

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Yes theres a difference between manual and auto but there's so many other factors that affect fuel economy eg. where you drive( traffic), avg speed, mods etc. There's already a thread or 2 on this topic though.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
thanks Wikky ill search around a little more :)

Kersh

Reaction score
Website
www.kersh.biz
Members Ride
VE SS Ute '08
Hey all was just wondering what sort of K's you get out of a full tank in your VE SS's ?????
What sort or driving you do and roughly how many $$$$$ you spend a week at the pump.

(also does it make it any different between the auto and manual??)

cheers tom

I have an auto SS, currently getting 14.1L/100Km which is 99% around town driving over 30,000km lifetime (only ever taken it on a long trip twice). I always use premium at the bowser. I drive casually an only occasionaly sink the boot.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
i drive an auto as well.mines tuned though with the useless afm switched off (and soon to be gone altogether). mine bounces around the 7 to 8lt mark on the highway and about the 12 to 14lt mark around town providing of course i behave myself. bp ultimate is my fuel of choice ,have to run premo anyway because of the tune. but yes there is a thread on this already i remember reading it some time ago

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
I had an SS and now have an Sidi SV6 and have never seen below 16l around town at an average of 26kmh. Its a waste of time people posting there figures without average speed.
I live in the middle of sydney and see alot of traffic. Someone living in canberra would also clase that as around town but would have and average of almost twice mine!

PLEASE POST YOUR AVERAGE SPEED FOR THE FUEL FIGURES YOU ARE QUOTING!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
My manual ssv running on bp ultimate (totally standard) gets between 14 and 15 to a tank, thats all city driving, about 430kms i think to a tank, average speed is usually between 30 and 40

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
lol, i don't care too much about economy, if i did i would have bought a 6 or something so i don't take too much notice on speeds etc. but i fuel it every 2 weeks and it costs me about $90 each time. (vortex 98)

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
SSV Manual. I get around 470-500km per tank. I live in Adelaide, 14.5L/100kms to and from work (80-20 city - highway), 40km/h average speed. And thats not thrashing it either. In fact, thats driving like a grandma. Never seen less than 10.2L/100kms on the freeway (I take it on long drives regularly). I have to put 98 in as its been tuned. And as above, $80-90 per tank, depending on price. I cracked $100 the other week, wasn't happy.

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
my fuel figures are based on my cyl mode screen (afm). highway yes I avg about the same as above in reality, 10.2 lt per 100 km or about 600 up to about 680kms per tank. around town spd avg about 40- 80 kmh or about 450km maybe a bit more. to be honest I don't really care I just enjoy driving it and fill it when I have to. I heard that early vz alloytecs were thirsty. not good to see that sidi engines are no better. that's not the first time I've heard complaints about their fuel usage