Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss hard to get in reverse??

Caiden Burton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss-v
hey all i got a 07 ve ss-v, the clutch has been on its way out for about a year now.. about once a month it will slip and the seam to always smell..

but im now having trouble getting it into reverse i have to literally put a lot of force to get it in, and then coming out of reverse i have to pull it out and wiggle it side to side for it to be back to the normal 6 speed..

once its out of reverse its perfect tho, from 1st - 6th its fine..

any one have ideas??

thanks

gts33som

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Mine is the same except my clutch hasn't slipped yet. Stinks alot though..
Curious if 3 attempts to select reverse is normal..

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
my 07 ss goes in fine, i sometimes find that the cluth fully engages at the end of the pedal from 2nd to 3rd. is this something anyone else experiences or is my foot just getting lazy and im blaming it on the car?! ha. also if i rev it out and change fast (any gear) the clutch sometimes sticks and i need to put my toe under the pedal and pull it back out!?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
my 07 ss goes in fine, i sometimes find that the cluth fully engages at the end of the pedal from 2nd to 3rd. is this something anyone else experiences or is my foot just getting lazy and im blaming it on the car?! ha. also if i rev it out and change fast (any gear) the clutch sometimes sticks and i need to put my toe under the pedal and pull it back out!?

The clutch is quite long but 2nd to 3rd is a famously bad shift on these cars.

I believe there is a techline for the sticking clutch. VERY common fault.

Caiden Burton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss-v
narr my clutch pedal has never stuck down.. and mine changes gears beautifully! apart from this problem with reverse..

it goes into holden next week so ill keep use posted.

i got a few quotes on clutches today and they told me its prob the clutch because reverse is the lowest ratio therefor if the clutch isnt fully engaging it will be reverse that goes first.
they said putting an after market clutch in will be the difference of driving a vn to a ve! haha so im pretty keen on it.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
tin, does techline mean free fix!!!!? haha. if so ill book into holden now!

and caiden, ive been thinking about new clutch too. price tag scares me a little though!? how are you finding quotes on aftermarket clutches?

COL3SY

COL3SY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
i have the same problem the clutch pedal gets stuck and have to use my foot to pull it back

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
tin, does techline mean free fix!!!!? haha. if so ill book into holden now!

and caiden, ive been thinking about new clutch too. price tag scares me a little though!? how are you finding quotes on aftermarket clutches?

Unfortunately not - unless your car is under warranty still. It just means that it's a known fault and they have the steps to fix it laid out for them from holden. You might be lucky and only have to pay a portion of it though - but that will be up to your dealer and holden.

I'm still running the stock clutch (had it replaced twice) but my understanding is that a good aftermarket clutch is worth every cent!. It's very high up on my to-do list.