Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS HAS MAJOR GREMLINS!!

Fairylegz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6ltr
A little back story this car about 3yrs ago there 2 injectors within 400km of each other and Holden replaced under warranty. The soon after started ticking intermittently like an old grandfather clock, with no reduced engine lag or performance just the sound, I’ve added the lube to the oil a couple of times but it never fully goes away, I was told it was a lazy lifter. For a couple of years this car has had engine light come on and go away with no rough engine, then it added in stability control, and goes away and in the past week this has come on plus the ABS light so all 3. Yesterday it decided to throw a fourth at me which was the alternator light. Car went immediately in reduced battery mode which I’m guessing shut down half my engine as it was running rough!! I limped it the 2km home. It started this morning but all faults still there so a friend put a reader under the dash and I got this error code - P0174 OBD-II Trouble Code: System Too Lean (Bank 2). Which makes sense as it’s **** I’m guessing half my engine down, well that’s what it felt like when I limped it home. I’m a woman and would really appreciate any help on whether I should take it to Holden or an Auto Electrician. I don’t have thousands to throw at it, I am actually trying to sell the damn thing but I can’t with this issue. I read som things to do with this error code and it’s talking about fuel or air intake in fuel l read something like that but I just don’t have the funds to take it here there and everywhere and don’t want to be ripped off. Any help greatly appreciated

lazyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0 M6
Sort the electrical. Low volts is a killer in a ve.
A smart auto electrician is my vote.
Not the parts cannon type.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
This looks like a nasty problem to diagnose/fix. Refer to the attached document, in particular the "Circuit/System Testing" section.

Attachments

• VE DTC P0171, P0172, P0174, or P0175.pdf
    277.9 KB · Views: 137

Fairylegz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6ltr
So I took it to Auto Electrician and it was a stuffed Alternator!! But it also has a rear right hand sensor to back right something something line because Stability & ABS came on again today!! Which I’ll need to replace. I seriously just want this car gone now it’s too old for someone who can’t fix things. I also need an SUV now days. I’ve replaced radiator, fixed A/C valve and re gassed, new front & rear bumpers to clean it up (never been in an accident), new tyres a month ago and now a new Alternator. I just can’t keep it up. If anyone knows someone looking for a Black VE SS Always serviced and maintained, please let me know!! Thanks for your advice guys

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
So I took it to Auto Electrician and it was a stuffed Alternator!! But it also has a rear right hand sensor to back right something something line because Stability & ABS came on again today!! Which I’ll need to replace. I seriously just want this car gone now it’s too old for someone who can’t fix things. I also need an SUV now days. I’ve replaced radiator, fixed A/C valve and re gassed, new front & rear bumpers to clean it up (never been in an accident), new tyres a month ago and now a new Alternator. I just can’t keep it up. If anyone knows someone looking for a Black VE SS Always serviced and maintained, please let me know!! Thanks for your advice guys

A Faulty Alternator, and what sounds like a Faulty Rear Wheel Sensor (Really Common in the VE's) is actually not bad :)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
As above a faulty right rear wheel sensor is common for a ve and really not a big deal or cost to fix

Fairylegz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6ltr
I’ll soon find out when I get my quote. I’m just over all the repairs, being this old now it’s more suited to someone who can fix things on it. The value of it is great and I’ll sit on it to get the right price but I want it gone.