Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS hotdog rear tailpipes

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
$$'s vs Gain seem to be good!!!!

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Hi Guys

Received the J Pipes today and fitted them up, was fairly easy to install and only required a small amount of persuasion. Honestly I am fairly happy with the sound for $395. It does have a bit of crackle when you lift off the throttle but without spending the money on a decent exhaust I really cant complain. Some people may not like it but I think it sounds much better than stock. Check out the link below to have a look and listen.

VE SS J Pipes - YouTube

Do you have a link for these? I can't seem to find them on eBay

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Loved the vid. Wish I could do tech stuff like that .
Hey 10th Doctor.....Re the sound, I had a 2.5 inch pipe made that deletes the rear muffler and just comes straight out the back into the twin tips (except I went a single tip) . The sound is very simular to the J pipes and the crackle is less.No done , just a nice V8 rumble inside). Your exhaust shop can do this possibly for less than the J pipes cost?. As you are in Perth, see Cockburn Exhaust in Bibra Lake or Mettams Mufflers.
On Ebay , try putting in "muffler delete" perhaps also add in VE or SS.

Last edited:

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
I had a 2.5 inch pipe made that deletes the rear muffler and just comes straight out the back into the twin tips (except I went a single tip) . The sound is very simular to the J pipes and the crackle is less.No done , just a nice V8 rumble inside). Your exhaust shop can do this possibly for less than the J pipes cost?. As you are in Perth, see Cockburn Exhaust in Bibra Lake or Mettams Mufflers.
On Ebay , try putting in "muffler delete" perhaps also add in VE or SS.

Cheers, I still really liked the sound of those j-pipes though - I'd also want something to easily take off when it has to get serviced, etc.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
5000 views on YouTube... that's more people listening to you giving a quick rev up to your Commodore muffler than can fit in the Grand Opera Hall at the Sydney Opera House or 90% of packed entertainment venues around the country... haha that's brilliant!

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Still can't find any adjustable ones on eBay but I did find these: Pontiac G8 Performance Exhaust System | G8 Axle Back Exhaust Kit 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 | Performance Exhaust System

Apparently 'tuned' for the G8 so should be alright on the VE's.

Too much expense and effort mate, for less than that you can get the mufflers / sound you want locally and cancel out drone with DIY Helmholtz pipes. OR install an HSV full bi-modal setup for less!

Here's a demo of bi-modals with override button versus sports exhaust with Helmholtz, and briefly what it's like in-cabin (turn it up or use headphones):

[video=youtube_share;2nNyWDyqeoU]http://youtu.be/2nNyWDyqeoU[/video]

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Too much expense and effort mate, for less than that you can get the mufflers / sound you want locally and cancel out drone with DIY Helmholtz pipes. OR install an HSV full bi-modal setup for less!

Here's a demo of bi-modals with override button versus sports exhaust with Helmholtz, and briefly what it's like in-cabin (turn it up or use headphones):

[video=youtube_share;2nNyWDyqeoU]http://youtu.be/2nNyWDyqeoU[/video]

Hmmm. What do you have to do to control the bi-modals? I see there's a pair going on eBay

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Hmmm. What do you have to do to control the bi-modals? I see there's a pair going on eBay

A controller box costs $200, easy enough to fit yourself. It's a bloody hoot!

I've done a couple of threads on it but basically mufflers fit (seen as low as $150 a pair, stainless etc), plug vacuum line into back of manifold, connect to 12v, diaphragm actuators controlled by RPM and RF, has an override switch.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
Hi Guys

Received the J Pipes today and fitted them up, was fairly easy to install and only required a small amount of persuasion. Honestly I am fairly happy with the sound for $395. It does have a bit of crackle when you lift off the throttle but without spending the money on a decent exhaust I really cant complain. Some people may not like it but I think it sounds much better than stock. Check out the link below to have a look and listen.

VE SS J Pipes - YouTube
Nice video and a cute, playful dog. Love the cackle on deceleration.