Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Idle and Rev issue

HAMMERN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
im having a issue engine light on first p0121 idle is high and sticks around 1500rpm and 17-800rpm when changing gears and slowing down to stop, throttle body was dirty so cleaned and maf aswell, the factory ballancer was shot so 25% underdrive pulley kit, there is no vac leaks checked over thoroughly but still got the problem and its almost to the point you dont want to drive it have check in engineering mode the TPS is at 18.8% at first then drops down to around 5% after it runs for a few seconds once you rev it or drive the revs will stick and wont drop to normal revs will vary higher and lower by its self while watching in engineering mode TPS% vary's by itself sticks around 13-16% after engine rpm increases only way to get it normal again is to turn it off and back on again but once you move or rev it its fucked again? Was going to get a new TB but what does everyone reckon i do everything i can not to take it to Holden or other shops limited at where im located but will if someone knows it can be fixed with tech 2 or whatever
2007 VE SS L98 manual

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
When at high idle and in engineering mode, what is the battery voltage?

HAMMERN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
is still the same problem revs still sticking inbetween gear changes but better when coming to stops has new throttle body and holden say they cant fix it