Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS kit on VE Omega Wagon

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Hi guys,

Just purchased myself a 2008 VE Omega Sportswagon 3.6. I am wanting to put an SS body kit on it but just have a few questions.

It appears to me that I would need Front Bar, Grille, Headlights, Spotties, Side skirts and Rear bar. The tailights are the same correct?

Can the spotties be wired up to an SS switch like the old VY/VZ?

How can I get the Quad pipes look? Is there someone that makes a kit without changing the whole exhaust? Or can I bolt on sv6 mufflers and change the tips?

And I know this one is probably a silly question but you never know...are sedan and wagon side skirts different?

Lastly if anyone knows where I might be able to get any of this stuff for a decent price please let me know.

Help is much appreciated.

Cheers, Joey :thumbsup:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Hi mate,

Tail lights are the same.

Not sure on wiring.

SV6 system will fit - so will an SS

I believe the wagon side skirts are a touch longer - could be wrong though.

Check ebay - they have sedan kits there all the time (don't get fibre glass whatever you do) otherwise any number of body-kit shops will be able to help you out.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate. So is it just a matter of buying the two SS mufflers and bolting them on to my exhaust?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Are the ute and wagon SS rear bumpers the same?

I can get an SSV front bar in good condition for $250...what do you guys think? What is the going rate?

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
if its the same colour and its in fairly good nick then 250s a good price.....if it needs a respray find out how much that will cost and how much buying a brand new one in the specific colour from holden would be....then re-assess

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
leave the rear out, i did... looks fine and saves you a stack cash. cthe way the side skirts have been made (tapering off at the back) still makes it balance nicely with a stock rear bar.
click link below

ybhve4

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais Sportwagon
hey mate,

just wondering if you got your question answered about the side skirts - if sedan and wagon ones are the same.

cheers

racka

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SS-V
I'm curious...would it not have been cheaper and easier to just buy an SV6 sportswagon or something instead? Gives you almost all the external look of an SS without having to replace half the car. Plus better equipment.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I'm curious...would it not have been cheaper and easier to just buy an SV6 sportswagon or something instead? Gives you almost all the external look of an SS without having to replace half the car. Plus better equipment.

The cost was most likely the issue. He may have paid not much for the Omega compared to a similar year SV6. Easier? Certainly. But some times it more fun doing it yourself.