Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Ss lifters

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
A mechanic I am not, but since the oil pressure switch is incorporated with the mesh screen, supposedly to filter the oil to the lifters, it might be possible that the area wasn't cleaned properly and debris has entered and gone straight to the lifters. Your working pretty blind on that job. I think before spending thousands, I'd be doing an oil flush, probably a couple (as in with a product), as recommended by Skylarking, though be warned it may create even more issues in an old engine, though you may have nothing to lose. After that a bottle of the trusty Nulon lifter free. If those two things do nothing, yep you have issues.

Last edited:

Nayxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 6.0
A mechanic I am not, but since the oil pressure switch is incorporated with the mesh screen, supposedly to filter the oil to the lifters, it might be possible that the area wasn't cleaned properly and debris has entered and gone straight to the lifters. Your working pretty blind on that job. I think before spending thousands, I'd be doing an oil flush, probably a couple (as in with a product), as recommended by Skylarking, though be warned it may create even more issues in an old engine, though you may have nothing to lose. After that a bottle of the trusty Nulon lifter free. If those two things do nothing, yep you have issues.
Yeh I’m thinking it’s worth a shot definitely! Haven’t got anything to lose

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yeh I’m thinking it’s worth a shot definitely! Haven’t got anything to lose
It will not work. The squeak comes from both the roller and cam lobe being worn. The actual squeak is the roller sliding over the lobe instead of rolling.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I'm not doubting the experts that it could be worn engine components, but is a hell of a coincidence if it started the day they replaced the oil pressure sensor. Nayxx, is that the case? Zero issue before, then problems started immediately after the sensor replacement?

Nayxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss 6.0
I'm not doubting the experts that it could be worn engine components, but is a hell of a coincidence if it started the day they replaced the oil pressure sensor. Nayxx, is that the case? Zero issue before, then problems started immediately after the sensor replacement?
Did start straight after drove it home fine only a few ks then that night done it on start up