Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Manual Shifter Removal

REXDRUMMER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE
Hey all,,have a ve ss ute 09 and bought a short shift,,ive dissasembled as much as i think im supposed to and i can see the bearing round the bottom of the shifter,,also sitting under a oblong plate with what looks like a hole at each end for a bolt which isnt there,,Am i sposed to just with force lift that plate and hopefully the shifter will lift out,,or is there another way,,cheers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Looking at the Holden VE Workshop Manual, seems like it will be a lot more complex to install on the VE, than the one I installed in my VX GTS back in the day.
Did you buy it new or second hand? If new, it should have come with installation instructions. If used, you need to contact the person you purchased it from and see if he still has the instructions. You could also try and contact the supplier/manufacturer for installation instructions.
Good luck!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
factory VE shifter if this helps without the outer mounting plate on

20180505-113309.jpg

20180505-113246.jpg

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
You need to partially drop the box (remove the gearbox crossmember and support on a jack) to remove the shifter on the VE.