Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss mild cam

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Just wondering is anyone running a baby mild cam with a 2.5 exhaust and ever done a decibel reading I ve got to do my lifters and want a cam but don't want anything crazy or that will upset the neighbours

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Ive got a Stealth 2 cam in mine with a 2.5inch exhaust from Manta, with the Manta mufflers its loud and drones a little so put on the stock rear mufflers and you can still tell its cammed at idle.

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Ive got a Stealth 2 cam in mine with a 2.5inch exhaust from Manta, with the Manta mufflers its loud and drones a little so put on the stock rear mufflers and you can still tell its cammed at idle.
What's it like at idle in the morning anything that will upset neighbours is it loud

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
nope, its a little louder then stock but most people don't even notice it till I tell them, my drive way runs down the past the neighbours bed room and I leave at 430 every morning and they have never complained.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Some varex rear mufflers would help with noise on startup until your far enough away or want to hear it

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
nope, its a little louder then stock but most people don't even notice it till I tell them, my drive way runs down the past the neighbours bed room and I leave at 430 every morning and they have never complained.
But when you open it

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Ok thanks last one what sounded better stock with manta mufflers or cam with stock mufflers

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Me personally, I like the sleeper persona of my car, so the manta with stock mufflers is perfect for me, however the Manta mufflers give off a worked V8 sound with both stock and the manta exhaust, and yes when I plant the foot you know its worked.

franks ve ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Me personally, I like the sleeper persona of my car, so the manta with stock mufflers is perfect for me, however the Manta mufflers give off a worked V8 sound with both stock and the manta exhaust, and yes when I plant the foot you know its worked.
Have you still got the manta mufflers if so do you want to sell them

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
yeah still got them, nah ill put them back on one day