Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Mods

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
OK so I've had my VE SS Manual a month now, done 1200K's and I am very happy with her overall. Holden have really put together a quality package with the VE. But.....I can't help but get the feeling there is a lot more power to be tapped into under that bonnet. The L98 seems to be doing it too easy. I am told that exhaust mods screw your warranty, is there anything that can be done to give her a little more power without voiding the warranty? I bought the 2yr extension on the standard 3yr factory warranty so it is in my best interest not to void it in the first month! Does anyone know whether a Holden dealer can/will mod it without voiding the warranty? Or if I get a decent tune done, is this safe for the warranty?

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
its a common misconception thats mods void your warranty completely, this is taken from the holden website

Can I modify my car and if so, what will happen to my warranty?
Genuine Holden Parts and Accessories and HSVi Enhancements are specifically designed and manufactured to integrate completely with the operation and appearance of your new Holden. Holden's Design and Engineering teams are constantly involved with the development and approval of every Genuine Holden Accessory and HSVi Enhancement. For more information please visit Genuine Holden Accessories and HSVi Enhancements.

Only Genuine Holden Parts and Accessories and HSVi Enhancements are comprehensively tested by Holden Engineers.

Given this, Holden does not recommend modifying your vehicle from its as built nature using non-Holden approved parts and accessories. Your vehicles integrity, performance and safety may be impaired by modifications using non-Holden approved components. Should you proceed with modifications, your New Vehicle Warranty will not be voided. However, should a problem occur which is attributed to the modifications made, any repairs will not be covered by Holden's New Vehicle Warranty.

so you can modify stuff just that the new part wont be covered and if it directly causes a problem they wont cover the repair, I have a full exhaust on mine and a pod filter CAI and I've had a diff and I'm waiting on a clutch to be replaced under warranty since then

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
mate, just go full exhaust 4 into 1's straws hi flow cats mafless tune and otr you will be smiling from ear to ear.

joycej

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS V
redvess.

thanks for the info on warranty. ive had just probs with my ss since purchasing. diff, suspension, mags, tyres, muff now a brand new clutch. my cars only done just on 45 thou... holden reckons the clutch is wear and tear and im expected to pay out 3grand on top of all the other crap i paid for above... do you know who i go to for explanation on the warranty not the dealer?

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Put a tune on it and i guarantee you will have no mechanical warranty left.

Holdens website may say one thing but the reality is very different.
Anything that doesnt have Holden or HSV written on, will not only NOT be covered under Holden warranty, any part related to it wont be covered either.
If you happen to get get a nice knock in the engine (and its not a common fault) and you expect it to be covered under warranty when you have an aftermarket tune - think again.
Same as if your diff explodes - that tune will be to blame and it wont be replaced under warranty either.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if your silly enough to tell them it's tuned your fault.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)

your telling me that they won't check that ??

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid

Not too difficult to determine whether the car has been tuned especially when they lift the bonnet and notice a nice MAFLess setup going on :yeah:

KARMA 6L

mmmmmm 6.0L
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SS Manual
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I am gonna go ahead and modify her. I just couldn't stand driving her for 5 years with hardly any noise and limited power!