Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss mufflers on sv6 drone ?!

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
yea i got some fitted on friday they look heaps better.
but they seem to sounds heaps different to the stock pipes, there is a bit of drone.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
whats your body shape?
i have a wagon and installed clubby mufflers on my 3L SIDI.... slight drone at around 2k, but otherwise nice low hum.... alot quieter than a sports exhaust, but enough for you to actually hear the revs a little. if you have a wagon, need to make sure you have muffler tips that one out as one pipe then split into 2. from what I understand if you install the muffler with 2 direct outlets from muffler casing, you are more susceptible to drone. but quad tips look a hell of a lot better than the dual tips that are standard on the SIDI's :).

T

tommySV6Ute

Where did you find a set, at the wreckers or an exhaust shop?

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
ufo i have the sedan, its not really drone but you can certainly hear a big change in not compared to stock.
tommy got them from an exhaust shop had a mate that used to work there, recons they allways have ss pipes there.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
ufo i have the sedan, its not really drone but you can certainly hear a big change in not compared to stock.
tommy got them from an exhaust shop had a mate that used to work there, recons they allways have ss pipes there.

let be honest here

it is drone....especially under load at higher speeds i.e. 90-110 kmh (uphill around 2000 rpm)

around town....no problems...hardly noticeable

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If you search you will find many threads on this.
I fitted AFM mufflers to mine and it sounded almost stock, looked heaps better though..

do they drone at all on sv6 (afm style)