Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS No Electrical power after one days rain

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
New batteries are not always charged up. Try jump starting it.
Also check the fuses in the engine bay and make sure none of them are blown, particularly the big rectangular fusable links.
Failing that, see an auto electrician.

redhotss07

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS ute
All fuses check out in the engine bay and beside the battery. Was showing 12.3volts in Engineering Mode and 14.7 to 15 volts when it did start,but only showing 1.1% battery charge,went 4 a drive,that increased to 5.5%,stopped and started half dozen times,then took half dozen hits of the key to restart.MY preferred auto elec. was busy,to short of notice,get it in when i can,thx m8.

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
what is starter motor doing, just faint click or nothing, mine died couple of weeks ago, just dead, turn release key may get small click that's it other times nothing, other times turn start off we would go, so very possible starter motor issues, there are 3 versions that went into the 06/06-06/08 models I put something up here couple of weeks ago, if you have stock exhaust you may need to remove the drivers side cat to get it in and out, aftermarket cats just enough to squeeze through, only 2 bolts hold it in, reached from directly underneath, 2-4 torx screws (t25 I think) for the heatshield, remove first, you have to lower the starter 1/2 way out and stand on its end before disconnecting leads,and disconnect the sump sensor as well because this is in the loom with the starter ign wires (makes a lot easier) took me about 11/2hrs all up including jacking and fitting in stands

redhotss07

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS ute
hey m8,starter just clicks,dash lights go out,thx 4 that

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Completely off topic but could you learn to type redhotss07. You're giving me a headache just trying to decipher what you right... And a little bit of punctuation wouldn't go astray.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
It's implied when you post in public forum. This isn't sending a sms. Or are you not capable of proper typing?

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
Was gonna say,no understand,hard reading,thx.

Seriously, give a good description of what's going on, what's changed etc etc then you may get some better help.

Good luck

Swyped from my Note 2 phablet...

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
the early VE's did have an issue with the battery positive stud coming loose where it goes through the firewall.

get a voltmeter, and check the voltage at the jumpstart point under the bonnet while trying to crank it. then check it at the battery while trying to crank it. shouldn't have more than about .5volts difference between the two readings.