Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Owners

DragonJeff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi All,

I am just new on here & wanted to say hi & ask anyone who owns a VE SS what they think of the car? I am thinking of trading in & buying a new SS so was just wondering what current owners thought of the car...good points? Bad points?

Thanks,

Jeff

mov

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V IGNITION
I think the car is great! (VE SSV)
I can't really fault my car but if I had to get picky it would be limited rear vision due to high back and large spoiler... that's pretty much it!
I did notice the new 2008 version of the VE SSV at the Motor Show had a smaller spoiler..

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The B - pillar and the A - pillar is so thick!! Thus limiting your vision but over all its a damn nice car to own.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm sick of people complaining about pillar visibility problems in the VE... Do you have a neck? Then move your friggin head!

I would imagine suctioning a satnav slap bang in the middle of your windscreen would be far more of a visibility problem and I see people with satnav setups like that all the friggin time...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm sick of people complaining about pillar visibility problems in the VE... Do you have a neck? Then move your friggin head!

I would imagine suctioning a satnav slap bang in the middle of your windscreen would be far more of a visibility problem and I see people with satnav setups like that all the friggin time...

The reason people complain about the pillar visibility is because it's a legitimate complaint.

My view on the SS-V which has done about 35,000km now: Overall it's a great car. Handles like a dream, goes like stink and the stoppers are fantastic too. Visibility isn't great but the drivers seat is very comfortable as is the steering wheel etc. My other gripe with the car is the ****ing **** annoying seatbelt chime that goes off whenever you get the key anywhere near the ignition.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You can move your head and look around the A-Pillar blind spot. Setup your missors properly and the should be no blind spots beside or behind the car.

Regarding the seat belt chime. I noticed a lot of people complaining about this and found it odd that in my Calais all I get is a seatbelt light... Asked my service guys about it and it's just another thing that's configurable with the Tech2. Mine was never enabled but if you want it disabled just ask them to disable it at your service dept.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
You can move your head and look around the A-Pillar blind spot. Setup your missors properly and the should be no blind spots beside or behind the car.

Of course you can lean forward and crane your head around the thing but that is not the point. Compare it to nearly every other car on the road and the things are friggin huge!

Regarding the seat belt chime. I noticed a lot of people complaining about this and found it odd that in my Calais all I get is a seatbelt light... Asked my service guys about it and it's just another thing that's configurable with the Tech2. Mine was never enabled but if you want it disabled just ask them to disable it at your service dept.

I have checked with 3 different service managers and a tech guy (who turned it off on my VYII) who have all said you can't turn it off with a tech2. Very common complaint (apparently).

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Of course you can lean forward and crane your head around the thing but that is not the point. Compare it to nearly every other car on the road and the things are friggin huge!

What is the point then? There is no problem if you're willing to simply accept it, work around it and move on. I don't know what you have to "crane" you head around... Meh, you just get used to it! Personally I love the extra rigidity and curtain airbags.

Well seatbelt warning chime not on - hasn't been since day one... When I asked my service guys about it the response was that is on in some cars and not in others and that it could be set with the Tech2.

Oh well, maybe they were wrong. Maybe the Calais just doesnt have the chime, only the light...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
But still they have the right to complain whether they can move their neck or not!!!!! Seriously they are BIG campared to the older models and most cars out there.

Geez........calm down

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride

What is the point then? There is no problem if you're willing to simply accept it, work around it and move on. I don't know what you have to "crane" you head around... Meh, you just get used to it! Personally I love the extra rigidity and curtain airbags.

I'll say it again.... Compare it to nearly every other car on the road and the things are friggin huge!

Figured it out yet?

Reaper