Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Owners

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
VE SS is the cheaper version, where you dont get some luxuries and 18' rims (same as SV6)

VE SSV I would prefer because you get 19' wheels, projector lights, inserted rear taillights and some neat interior instrutments (like LCD screen).

There is I think $7000 different between the SS and SSV, but its your choice.

DragonJeff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks guy's....i have a few things to look at now. Overall i get the Impression the SS is a great car....with some minor issues..... but then what car hasn't...... well worth the 45k price tag though it seems.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thanks guy's....i have a few things to look at now. Overall i get the Impression the SS is a great car....with some minor issues..... but then what car hasn't...... well worth the 45k price tag though it seems.

That is fair. Just look at what people have highlighted and decide if they matter to you.

Reaper

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Figured what out? That there are people who whinge and moan and complain about the smallest problems? Don't buy the friggin car if you can't deal with it.

When I sat in mine the day I picked it up, I noticed the worse vision but got used to it about 3 minutes later and couldn't give a toss!

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
I think the car is great! (VE SSV)
limited rear vision due to high back and large spoiler... ..

The rear spoiler is a bit of a pain, but it is great for blocking headlights at night:thumbsup:

The pillars were a bit of a pain at first while I got used to the car, mainly find them a pain when going through tight slow points, when you start to swerve to the left you can't see the right kerb to avoid rim scraping.. After 2 months it doesn't really bother me...

Also if your tossing up between the SV6 and SS and are worried about fuel, go the SS. I average 14.3 L/100km with no freeway or highway driving.... these things are sooo much nicer on fuel than the old 5.0L..:)

VESS06

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ignition VE SS
I have the ignition SS and at night when I drive under a large street light it reflects off my spoiler and into the rear-view mirror giving me the impression that I have just been flashed by a multanova camera !!

I get just over 500km per tank city driving and it's a manual.

2nd gear is a little sticky but you get used to it. Great clutch.

19's are very smooth with good handling and the leather seats are so much better than previous models.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
...the leather seats are so much better than previous models.

Funny you should say that, but I got the opposite impression. I was looking at an SSV the other day and the seats (along with the rest of the interior generally) seemed cheap in comparison with my VY SS. Something about the look, feel and finish of the whole interior that gave me the impression it was kinda cheap and not very well finished compared to my car.

...I'm still gonna buy one though - can't go past the outside looks and the superior performance - I can get used to the interior. Might even have a look at the Calais - they've probably got a nicer interior. Do they still have the same 270kw engine as the SS?

VESS06

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ignition VE SS
Funny you should say that, but I got the opposite impression. I was looking at an SSV the other day and the seats (along with the rest of the interior generally) seemed cheap in comparison with my VY SS. Something about the look, feel and finish of the whole interior that gave me the impression it was kinda cheap and not very well finished compared to my car.

...I'm still gonna buy one though - can't go past the outside looks and the superior performance - I can get used to the interior. Might even have a look at the Calais - they've probably got a nicer interior. Do they still have the same 270kw engine as the SS?

With the leather seats they are very comfortable and hold you in better as you are cornering. Having had mine for a few months now I don't find them to be cheap at all. The head rests would be better if they tilted back and forward though.

The Calais V has same engine.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Hehehe I thought they were virtually the same as my VYII SS seats. Interesting peoples different opinions on exactly the same things.

AFAIK the V8's are the same all the way thru the Commodre range and only change once you get to the HSV's.

Reaper