Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS passenger side outside mirror has popped out

GuttedEwok

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS Sedan 6.0 M6
Hi all,

Yesterday I was turning the mirror down when reversing into a park to make sure I didn't scrape my rims. I've done this a bunch of times before without issue, however this time the mirror and motor on the back popped out of the mirror housing as one piece. I've popped it back on but it doesn't seem to be sitting there right, and the mirror will only go up and down, not left and right.

I've attached a couple of photos so I can explain what's happening. I popped the section in the red circle over the little knob in the green circle and that seems to click in. I'm not sure what the small clip in the blue circle is.

In the orange circle, is this the part that pulls/pushes the mirror left and right? It looks like this is fully extended.

Can I fix this, or have I broken it? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers,

motor view.jpg

front view.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Look in from where the cover is/was. You'll see some connectors on the end of the harness. Disconnect them.

The glass, when removed, is tilted downward with the pivot point being the bottom edge.

You need to get the bottom edge in first. Push up flat and push it until it clicks into place.

Reconnect the harness.

Replace the cover