Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Performance Upgrade

shirschi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Have a 6sp VE SS, have a 3inch twin stainless steel exhaust and hpc coated extractors and stainless cats.
Wondering what other things to do, on my list there is obviously OTR CAI, a cam, wheels and lowered suspension. I understand wheels make any difference. I'm just wondering on power options, money isn't s problem just the expensive things I would hold off on for now..
Also what exterior things look good?
I'm going to purchase a senator wing, letterbox grill, and black led headlights and tail lights. I'm liking the concept of an aftermarket sunroof? How reliable are they?
What other options do I have?
Thanks guys!

VTSS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Manual
well in terms of performance your possibilites are almost endless, beyond the exhaust, otr, cam etc you can start looking towards forced induction twin turbos for those engine are almost as popular as a supercharger these days, also you could change the diff ratio, 3.9's and 4.11's are pretty popular and arent that costy, is your car manual or auto? manual you could go a short shift kit, upgraded clutch to handle the extra power, auto you can get shift kits. All of these major mods pretty much require some dyno time which is always gonna get you a little more power.

I guess it depends on what you want the car for???
personally for a street car i wouldnt go more than exhaust, cam, otr, 4.11s and a tune, but if i was headed to the track i would definately be doing twin turbos etc

shirschi92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Okay so I'm new in terms of diff ratios, is 4:11 an expensive upgrade? What are the benefits and what sort of price range am I looking for roughly?
Also what benefits would be received from a short shift kit and an upgraded clutch.
Couls you enlighten me with more details on these?
It's a 6sp manual sorry.
Thank you!