Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS PPSR Discrepancies

p1xel8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE2 SS Police Pack
Hi Guys,

Recently (as in today) bought a 2013 MY12.5 VE SS. Doing the usual insurance quotes etc, and when I give the registration, it comes back as a Z series. Double checked the PPSR report, also comes back as a Z series.

The car has no Z badges, no chrome edges around the doors, no reverse camera, no leather seats. Fairly certain the wheels are 18's not 19's.

Interestingly, the first owner is reported as State Government, and has NSW Police stamped as the owner in the service book.

(Bought from a dealer in VIC, assuming it was a normal SS not the Z)

Main problem is, insurance is more expensive for the Z, feature wise my car isnt a Z, yet all the ID numbers say it is.

So really unsure, what to insure it as haha.

VIN: 6G1EK5E23CL719975
Engine: BW7130210399
Rego: 1IS8SZ

Last edited:

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
What are you wanting to know....are you wanting to know whether it was a pursuit car? Pretty sure there should be tell tale signs...check forums for what they are, I couldn't tell you in the ve...I expect a few holes in the dash.

p1xel8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
What are you wanting to know....are you wanting to know whether it was a pursuit car? Pretty sure there should be tell tale signs...check forums for what they are, I couldn't tell you in the ve...I expect a few holes in the dash.

Looks like a plain Jane SS. No holes :) - Edit that, there are a couple of holes to the left of the steering wheel column, wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking for them, filled in with a silicon of some sort, almost looks original.

But yeah, extra button on the roof, turns of all the interior lights.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
might be a silly thing to say but are you sure the vin number has not been switched over from another vehicle, wrecked vin on a stolen vehicle etc

it could also be the last owner didn't like the Z variant trimmings and swapped them all out with a mates non Z or something.

I would go to holden and ask them to pull up the vin on their system and tell you what it is.

p1xel8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
The plate under the hood, and the number on the panel under the windshield match up, so fairly certain it's legit, and the numbers in the logbook all match. I work right near a Holden dealer, so will get it checked out anyway.