Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS - Quick question on headers

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V, V8, 6 Speed Manual
hey guys,

i currently have factory headers and cats, then a HM/Perry 2.5 inch cat back.

i want to get some aftermarket headers and cats to match up to my existing cat back.

are all 4 > 1 headers "tuned length"? and does this affect where my current catback bolts up?

im just a bit lost on how to match aftermarket headers to my existing catback system.

i want 4>1 headers. also should i go 1 3/4 , or 1 5/8?

tips and thoughts appreciated.
cheers, :beer chug:
Timmo

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
hey guys,

i want to get some aftermarket headers and cats to match up to my existing cat back.

are all 4 > 1 headers "tuned length"? Not all extractors are tuned length - they are on the expensive side
and does this affect where my current catback bolts up? sometimes depending on brand - if you use HM extractors and cats all will bolt up

im just a bit lost on how to match aftermarket headers to my existing catback system. you can pretty much use any headers and cats if a exhaust shop will be installing them as they can make up cat pipes to suit the rest of the system

i want 4>1 headers. also should i go 1 3/4 , or 1 5/8? 1 3/4 minimum on a 6L

Timmo

hope this helps

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
hey guys,

i want to get some aftermarket headers and cats to match up to my existing cat back. Any headers and cats that bolt to the factory system will fit as long as what is on there now hasn't been modified.

are all 4 > 1 headers "tuned length"? and does this affect where my current catback bolts up? No they aren't. Some 4-1's (X Force) say they are tuned when in fact they aren't.

im just a bit lost on how to match aftermarket headers to my existing catback system. Getting headers and cats that suit the factory system should bolt up to the HM system

i want 4>1 headers. also should i go 1 3/4 , or 1 5/8? I only do 1 7/8" primary tuned length for the VE

Timmo

I can do 4-1 tuned extractors and cats that will bolt straight up $1450 shipped. They are Hurricanes. Where abouts are you?

timmo666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V, V8, 6 Speed Manual
i am in Port Lincoln, South australia, 5606

what CPI are the cats supplied with your headers abba?

any idea on the ground clearance of those headers and cats?

cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They are 200 cpsi as they are the highest flow legal cats available. I don't do illegal 100 cell cats.

The ground clearance is not much less than the factory setup. Maybe 20mm lower.