Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS radiator removal

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
hello can some one please tell me how to get this darn thing out , how to remove the trans lines ? im trying to lift it up and its pulling the condenser along with it? is it bolted underneath ?

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
well since noboddy posted any replies with help , i figured it out eventually and done it myself without removing the ac condenser

SteveSymes

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6L
Hi splcrazy, i'm having the exact same trouble at the moment with mine (trying to remove radiator without removing condenser), have searched for answers everywhere with no luck yet, how did you end up getting the radiator out? i've undone the 2 bolts at the top of condenser (securing to radiator) but not sure what's holding them together down below. I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can answer it. i'm gonna start pulling the front end off tomorrow to get a better look in there, maybe there's more bolts or clips to undo?

jwoodsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE M6

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Be careful undoing Air Conditioning lines. The gas will escape and you will have to have the system re-gassed - extra cost !

jwoodsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE M6
Ok what i meant to say is detach the lines from the body of the car for more flexibility, not undo the lines.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
That is what you said, people should read before responding.

SteveSymes

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6L
thanks for the info guys, i'll have another go at getting it out tomorrow. way to hot in my driveway at the moment. drinking turkeys on the couch in the aircon instead :)

SteveSymes

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6L
after running out of turkeys, i got my radiator out finally!!!. the condenser has 2 plastic locating lugs (facing down) which drop into 2 holes in the front of radiator bottom tank. I got the radiator out by 1st lifting the condenser (so the lugs were out of bottom radiator tabs) tilted the the base of the condenser towards the front of car so it was clear of radiator, then wriggled the radiator out. did it all without removing thermo fans and without removing any bodywork. hope this helps anyone in the same situation. thanks again for everyone's help :)