Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS right hand side front end knock

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
Thnx Syked.. have eatched all these vids.. they are great.. done it all properly.. twice.. maybe i just have dud tops.. maybe i should buy genuine..

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Wasn't me who posted the video.

Anyway, I recommend these superpro strut tops. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/333689648670

If you're missing the top rubber insulator, you definitely need them and make sure the orientation of the spring is correct i.e the notch on the upper spring seat is 180 degrees to the strut to hub mounting bracket

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
Thnx Syked,
i have the notch inline with link mount bracket.. also does it make a difference which way the bearing goes in.. the coloured side in or out..? and do i tighten top down to bottom or does it need a torquing?
also what do you mean top rubber insulator?
cheers.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
You mentioned that you were missing the rubber around the coils at the top.

I believe the black side of the bearing should be facing out but you can actually test it. One way definitely fits better.

I use a rattle gun to tighten but don't sit there for ages on the rattle gun. Probably one good rattle. A bit tighter is better than a bit loose

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
oh.. ok.. great thnx..
was also wondering if because this car has/ Had FE3 suspension.. that any unknown changes maybe are affecting things?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
FE3 suspension shouldn't affect anything.

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
Hi Syked.. mate i have loaded the ute.. with half my gear.. and think it's gonna bottom out.. rear new gt sports.. on existing ssl kings.. would sl or standards hd.. be ok with gt sport shocks.. ?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Yeah I think king SL should be ok but I don't know for sure.

OLI170

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSVR S2 UTE
thanks Syked
have been reading for days.. can't find much.. she looks awesome now.. sits nice with gts and ssls.. but need to load her and some times tow.. just changed rear tyres as it had a bubbled left rear on inside side wall.. put 275s as the 255 where sretched on..
have installed a caddy draw and rear bars.. so will have that weight permanently.. so thinking slhds.. i know are compatible with gtsports.. but maybe standards or rasied hds might be better.. but don't know if they will work with short shocks..?