Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS sedan or utility, you vote

what do you like more VE SS sedan or ute

• Sedan

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Ute

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
I was just on the holden web site, the SS ute weighs 1768 kg and the SS V ute is 1780 kg
the SS sedan is 1754 kg and SS V sedan 1777 kg, not sure if to get the lighter SS or the SS V

surley the equipment levels would be the deciding factor...

23kg's, seriously....

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I'd personally go the sportswagon; But that's because i've loved the look of wagons for god knows how long, but i've always considered them too long for my liking.
The new VE ones though, whoooaaa... :coolpimp:

The VE utes on the other hand, also look amazing with the new body shape. The tray being a lot thicker (vertically) makes it looks sort of, set on its haunches and mean. Pardon the cliche.
Drop the ute on 19" or 20"s, with a good colour, can look 5x better than the wagon...
But it's not a question of practicality vs. looks, its a question of type of practicality :yeah:

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
Can i just say, i do agree the way wikky and davey g-force replied was probably a bit harsh, but its nothing far from the truth. I understand you want to know what others think, but its not like... "what rims should i get" or, "what is the best exhaust".... its asking a totally different type of car. Its not really a preference thing, its more of a "whats more practical" thing. I always wanted a sedan over a ute, even tho i love them. But mum plans on moving to the country soon and i have no one but a girlfriend to carry, so i got a ute. And no offence Tim, but it would have been better to say "that was a bit harsh guys" rather than try to suck up something shocking. And VESS Chick don't take it personally, they didn't say anything untrue or innappropriate, so if it bothers you what they are saying don't take notice of it, or don't worry about this thread and just decide on your own. I understand opinions are good but there are people who do, like you said, look for any opportunity to be an a**hole. But a yourself. And please don't buy a brand new one. Total waste of money.

ST3V3

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6
Definately depends on what you need the car for. in saying that the i find the ute a lot nicer to drive