Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS stability control turning itself off. Please help.

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Wheel Speed Sensors
I think you will find you will have a faulty wheel speed sensor or sensors and until you replace the faulty item I believe you will continue to have the ESP shut off and ABS issues.

For some reason, I understand the rear wheel speed sensors seem to deteriorate more quickly than the fronts so I would start there. (If this was my car I would just replace both rear wheel speed sensors and test drive).

(I very much doubt that merely replacing the battery is going to solve your problems).

Dozer31

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE S1 calais
Anyone able to shed some light my 07 ve ss starts and runs fine but after a decent drive or giving it a bit of a hard time I go to start it again and the traction control turns off by its self and has a hard time start when it start I take it for a little drive and it won’t rev over 3g but when I take the spark plug lead off and put it back on it fixes it all and runs fine iv replaced the coil spark plug and the lead but keeps doing it ‍♂️
Had similar issues with my 07 calais.
Changed all bake pads as rear were totally stuffed and also changed rear wheel sensors and now fault all cleared.

Michaelm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Had similar issues with my 07 calais.
Changed all bake pads as rear were totally stuffed and also changed rear wheel sensors and now fault all cleared.
Iv not got the abs fault just the traction control problem I was told to replace my battery iv done that to just waiting to see if the problem happens again cheers for the reply if it still does it I’ll do that next

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Faulty alternator is also a strong candidate. Causes the battery problems and then voltage rationing occurs.

Michaelm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Faulty alternator is also a strong candidate. Causes the battery problems and then voltage rationing occurs.
Yeah that’s something else I was told I’ll have to check it out thank you for the reply bud appreciate it

tuco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 UTE
I had a similar problem diagnosed today... Car would disable ESP on longer drives or after spirited driving but resets when parked. Condition got more frequent and noticed motor running rough/missing and check engine light on, car would still reset (no dash errors) when parked then drive normally. Had it scanned today... faulty injector. My internet searches also pointed towards a injector fault.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They can point to what ever we want to see.
Depending on the code produced, it might only say the injector is not working as it should. That might be a for a variety of reasons, not because the injector is faulty. It should be tested. There are a set of conditions that occur for the code to be set and all those should be explored and tested before swapping out a part. In which case you will replace the part and get the problem reoccur.

Stability Control will generally only be disabled by the ECM which there is not enough voltage to supply more critical circuits.