Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS stability control turning itself off. Please help.

damirdagsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
will let you know ripper what happens when I replace the old battery with a new one. It is frustrating especially when the Mrs is carrying on all the time about the car and the costs associated with maintainace. Especially when my other car is an EF falcon that has done 400,000 km and has been to the mechanics 3 times in the last 10years. I've had
the holden to the mechanics 4 times in the last month.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
If its the original battery, my money is it being at fault. These ve's have hussy fits when the battery isn't up to scratch.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
battery wont change the problem . everyone always sais its the battery .

truth be told few years back i had an automatic sv6 . did the same thing , esp off , etc only thing which is much worse then my manual SSV , is that in auto it goes into limp mode and will only allow you to go 30kms an hour or something stupid . car bascially doesnt even move . now i too replaced the orignal battery after the previous owner of 4 years . made no difference at all , just the same story . i even pulled out the maff sensor and cleaned it with carby cleaner. holden hooked it up and charged me over $100 , removed it for it to only come back on 10 mins later . This is my 3rd VE , and all 3 have spat stupid esp problems without fail . Im curious on the trip+enter procedure , as i would like to try it myself . its annoying getting in the car and having it beep several times on startup.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Recently the stability control (ESP) in my VE SS 2007 has been turning itself off followed by the check engine light illuminating. I had it scanned and result was ABS fault. Hence the ABS module was replaced. Less than 50km later, Stabilty control(ESP) turned itself off again and check engine light illuminated once more. Has anyone out there had the same issue and what was the problem? Or is there a mechanic out there that has had experience with this problem that could direct me to the cause. Not sure i'm happy just to take it to the dealer as it is out of warranty and let them spend hour after hour investigating with no fault found and a massive bill at the end. Really appreciate any help/advise that you could give me to steer my mechanic in the right direction.

Wheel Speed Sensors
I think you will find you will have a faulty wheel speed sensor or sensors and until you replace the faulty item I believe you will continue to have the ESP shut off and ABS issues.

For some reason, I understand the rear wheel speed sensors seem to deteriorate more quickly than the fronts so I would start there. (If this was my car I would just replace both rear wheel speed sensors and test drive).

(I very much doubt that merely replacing the battery is going to solve your problems).

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
got time to hook up to the obd2 today , my car was spitting these codes , C1234 & C1209 .. anyone shed some light on what i could possibly do to fix these codes , sensors replaced etc?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Neither of those codes are legit, it must be C0 _ _ _

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
hmm maybe the app i was using is crap . ill have to find something else to try so it shows in that format .

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
hmm maybe the app i was using is crap . ill have to find something else to try so it shows in that format .

It's a pretty common fault, most times it's only when the commodores are cold. Start the car for like 30 seconds, turn it off, let it sit for 10 seconds and start it again and usually that fixes it. It's to do with a start up check it does and I believe it's caused by the O2 Sensors/Cat Checks.

I turned my cat checks off in the computer via HP Tuners which fixed the issue for me.....

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
Hey mate, i own a 07 sv6 and had this issue my traction control would come on when the car was not on and wouldnt started because of this. it happened afew times ( turning the key and nothing happened ) turned my lights off and it started. the battery sortly after gave way and with the new replacement it has not happened since.

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
20130713_112233.jpgUpdate for those who have the ESP/ABS problem .

iv pulled out all my abs sensors and cleaned them with thinners , most had a little bit of gunk . also as mentioned they seam to say it is the rear left sensor that is a common problem , this was the first sensor i managed to look at , and straight away a dead sign as to why i was having problems. hope this helps as it immediately turned my esp back on and abs off.