Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Stripes

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Just bought myself an 07 SS. This sticker stripes are in top condition except for a small corner lifting under the rear spoiler. Wot can i stick it down with? Also is there any special way to wash the car with these stickers on it?

Thnx

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hmmm

Anyone?....No?.....Helloooo :hmmm:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Not sure on the stickers, but try sending TSM (member) a pm. He designs and fits custom stripes (and does a fkn good job at it too!) As for washing, there's nothing special but, obviously, I'd mask the edges before getting out the buffer - and certainly wouldn't buff across them. However, if they're glossy, your normal sealant/wax should be fine over them (by hand)

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Thnx for the tips dood. :) Will follow that up.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Anyone?....No?.....Helloooo :hmmm:

I love it how new members are like "what.... it's been a whole 5 hours, why hasnt anyone helped me yet?!?!", patience buddy....you do yourself no favours by rushing folks. Just sayin.

(yes yes, I know a join date of 07 doesnt make you 'new'.... but 10 posts does :))

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Personally I'd rip them off!
But if you want to save them then I'd suggest stay away form any of those high pressure car washes.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Keep in mind if you remove them, that in the 4 or so years since the car rolled off the line, the paint not covered by the track stripes will have faded noticeably compared to the paint under them. I.e. you will remove black track stripes and there will simply be a darker shade of Ignition (compared to the rest of the car) under them.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Just tell people that you had custom ghosted stripes, it'd have to look better than those horrible $2 shop stickers!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I love it how new members are like "what.... it's been a whole 5 hours, why hasnt anyone helped me yet?!?!", patience buddy....you do yourself no favours by rushing folks. Just sayin.

(yes yes, I know a join date of 07 doesnt make you 'new'.... but 10 posts does :))

17hrs and 8min (note the AM after the first post) but you're right in not rushing. People will get to this forum as and when the outside world doesn't require them. I'm a firm believer in the phrase "patience is a... card game". haha

deth67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Yeah guilty as charged...being an impatient b*&^%d. No its just i notice several new posts, all of which had been viewed and answered at least 15 times more than mine, had popped up at around the same time as mine. Sorry will be more patient in future. As for the lowly 10 posts...I will hope to be able to rectify this now I actually own an actual car worth talking about. :)