Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss suspension upgrade

brizzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss man
hey i was wondering what is the best suspension upgrade
in best i mean bang for buck

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
kings springs & munroe gt shorthen shocks, set me back $700 fitted & wheel aligned. If i had to do it again i'd prob go pedders xa coilovers as they're roughly $2200 fitted nowadays.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
as y try said ive heard the pedders xa coilovers all round are an awsome on the ve , i plan to get them including strut brace when i get my ute, good luck mate :)

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Bang for buck would have to be sway bars for f & r, lowered springs with shocks to suit wouldnt it ?? Other than spending a couple of K on coilovers i mean .

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
However, coilovers are definitely the way to go with sway bars as far as handling is concerned.
Coilovers do SFA except change ride height. What determines how a car handles is the quality of the damper, be it a standard alone strut or shock normally, or a damper insert in a coilover. There isn't an instance in the world where $1500 worth of coilover is going to out perform a $1500 Bilstein and King springs combo. Said $1500 coilovers probably only has damper inserts worth $500-$600 at best (by the time you take away springs, strut tops and a fancy anodized threaded strut body) which is no better than a KYB setup....

If you want a coilover setup that's actually worth upgrading to, budget $3k for something like DMS 40mm, otherwise stick to Bilstein or Koni shocks, and a quality spring. Anything less than something like DMS (or even Bilstein coilovers) is sacrificing higher performance for the same dollars, for the ability to adjust ride height...

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
kings springs & munroe gt shorthen shocks, set me back $700 fitted & wheel aligned. If i had to do it again i'd prob go pedders xa coilovers as they're roughly $2200 fitted nowadays.

mate where did u get this done?

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
[QW-11-KE];1573919 said:
mate where did u get this done?

I got a mate who owns a wheel & tyre shop;).

webby123

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss v
Yeh every car i've owned it has been a much better and cheaper idea to go a spring/shock combination along with a dampner, caster kit and sway bars over cheap coilovers. And im guessing gslrallysport have plenty of research behind them to, but decent coilovers are always going to cost over $3,000 comfortably from what i've seen in the past.