Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS ticking 1700 rpm acceleration and deceleration hot and cold

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
I'm getting a ticking like noise inside the car is noticeably there only at around the 1700rpm while driving accelerating and decelerating around that rpm range. Thought the tick may be an exhaust leak at 1st but Iv copper siliconed the headers flange gaskets n all and ain't done nothin. They are 2nd hand Di filippo headers.Exhaust shop says no leaks found either common tick at collectors on this brand. I had an issue a few weeks ago with check oil light was found that oil pressure was dropping off around that same 1700 rpm range so replaced the oil pump n I'm getting a constant 40psi at revs n 23 at idle Std Mellings pump. A conrod bearing or main is on its way out from the loss of oil pressure? Iv been thru all the rockers and the preloads are all between 1"1/4 to 1"1/2 turns to 22ftlbs. I'm using lunati 650 dual springs oem rockers and pushrods. The cams only a baby split cam with 583 lift, the oem lifters are a only 4 months old and I do still get a ticking noise but I just put it down to the sewing machine std noise with headers on idle. Would like a 2nd opinion from some of you experienced guys about that ticking noise at 1700rpm.

Last edited: