Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Trip Computer Modes

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Question: Does anyone know if there is alternate mode for the trip computer in VE's as there was with VT and VX's

The Alt mode on my previous VX SS trip computer was turned on by holding down [up arrow] and [mode] then starting engine. You could then select a number of displays including various voltages, temp, fuel, digital revs, speed and dash self test. The most useful was "litres per hour" if you really need to understand how to drive economically. (much better than a vaccum gauge). Great to show how slip streaming works on the freeway!!!

I am trying to find out if the VE computer has a similar feature and have tried a number of combinations with the trip selector but no luck. My local holden dealer acted dumb on both the VX and VE.

Hope someone can help.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hold down the enter button (left hand scroll wheel) while turning ingnition on, and yes it has loads more info than the vt/vx diagnostics menu,

hold the trip button down while turning ignition on to reset the service warning

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
hold down the enter button (left hand scroll wheel) while turning ingnition on, and yes it has loads more info than the vt/vx diagnostics menu,

hold the trip button down while turning ignition on to reset the service warning

What sort of things are available there? and does it reset back when the ignition is turned back off? You've got me curious now.

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks for the info re Engineering Mode. As you say it has a bit more info...pity the Tyre Pressure doesn't work or be able to swap revs or litres/hour for normal mode digital speedo, but at least they are there. Now I can compare with the VX and practice my slip streaming techniques.

To reset back to normal just press trip.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
What sort of things are available there? and does it reset back when the ignition is turned back off? You've got me curious now.

heaps,

battery volts, oil life, speed, tacho, software version, throttle position, trans sump temp, coolant temp, tyre pressure (where fitted), instrument test,

and a few extra i cant remember, but dont be affraid to try it, you wont break anything lol

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
heaps,

battery volts, oil life, speed, tacho, software version, throttle position, trans sump temp, coolant temp, tyre pressure (where fitted), instrument test,

and a few extra i cant remember, but dont be affraid to try it, you wont break anything lol

Wow, I'd love to be able to check all that out, I'm going to try it tomorrow.

What screen does it display it on in the Calais, the large middle on or one of the two smaller ones?

I suppose I'll see when I try it for myself tomorrow ;-)

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
now how the hell would they do tire pressure???

Youd need a sensor attached to a valve and itd need to be wireless.... **** thats complicated!

aZk.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Ah.....'slip streaming on the freeway' Both highly illegal (tail-gateing) and stoopid all to save a few cents on the cost of fuel. What price a life ?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah.....'slip streaming on the freeway' Both highly illegal (tail-gateing) and stoopid all to save a few cents on the cost of fuel. What price a life ?

i was thinking what the hell are you going on about lol, but now i get it, re first post

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
and if the person in front happens to hit some loose stones etc etc stone chip ur new flashy ve? all for a few cents worth of economy you'd be bothered to sit right up someone's arse and **** them off, risk a more likely accident etc. crazy

i know if people sit up my arse, and i'm in the tray ute from work i'll make them test out how quick they're brakes can stop them. just a warning