Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Trip Computer Modes

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Thanks for the safety tips.

Here are some details on fuel consumption others might find interesting...

A bit of problem with mine is that the read out fluctuates too much (up and down about 1 Lite per hour every sec or so. (see figures below). The VX was much more stable hence would like to find out of other VE drivers have the same fluctuations as mine or do I have fuel flow or sensor problem. (The fluctuations don't help with slip streaming either!!!!!)

The following is the litres/hr readings for my VE SS 6.0 Litre manual running 18 inch wheels and using UPL.

At idle cold 1.6-2.1
At idle warm 1.5-2.0
At 100Ks on flat in 6th on freeway 9.7-11.0 Av around 10.5
At 90Ks on flat in 6th on freewway 8.3-10.5 Av around 9.2
(as you will find it is difficult to find an actual flat piece of road long enough to get a consistent reading)

Interesting when I backing off it will sometimes drop to 0.0 where as rolling at 80ks in neutral it is between 1.8 and 2.4.

For those that were worried about my slip streaming, when a car goes passed in the next lane the reading will vary down and up about 1 litre per hr ie approx 10% with Cruise Control is on. (Don't worry I'm not stupid enough to tag on behind in the same lane).

The myth about aircons and open windows can also be tested if you wish.

Interested in what others find and if higher octane petrol makes any difference.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I find my litres/hr and litres/100km are standard functions. Engineering mode not needed.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I find my litres/hr and litres/100km are standard functions. Engineering mode not needed.

They are on the Calais, it has the 3x display screens, but on the VE SS it only has one screen as far as I remember.

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Correct...SSv probably has the 3 screens as does berlina's etc. The SS is the same as the Omega as the VX SS was the same as the Exec...only one screen.

Anyway so long as you have the feature...interested if other VE's have the fluctuations and readings at idle and 100ks are about the same. Do you notice any difference with Instaneous Fuel when using Premium etc.

Averaging fuel economy over any distance on different roads is just about useless although a lot of people try where as measuring using instaneous readings based on set parameters is hopefully better.

NeilF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega V
i tried and it works, heaps of info

Not sure why when parked the throttle position is at 27% though ?

Do you know if there is any way to select any of these settings and have them on permanent display

Regards
Neil

heaps,

battery volts, oil life, speed, tacho, software version, throttle position, trans sump temp, coolant temp, tyre pressure (where fitted), instrument test,

and a few extra i cant remember, but dont be affraid to try it, you wont break anything lol

crazycuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve international
reset computer

hi ,does anyone know how to reset the computer in a ve international,i think i just need to disconect the battery but not posative,

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
AndyMan thats great! I love that extra stuff! Thanks for the tip.

Never mind the off throttle percentage.....I can only get 99.8% of full throttle!! I might have to remove the carpet to get the last little bit out of it!! :yeah:

Also my Oil Change meter shows 0%. Does this mean Its time to change it or its 100% good??

Also does anyone know how to change the output displayed on the Central Screen above the main console? The SS-V shows Voltage and Oil Pressure - Ive seen other models display Date and Time (where the LCD screen is not present).

johnb7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Display oil pressure and voltage on VE SS

Hey, I've got a VE SS the centre display only shows date/time/music info. The SS-V shows oil pressure and voltage. Does anyone know if the SS can display oil pressure too? Is there a software update or a button combination or something?

Cheers.

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Also my Oil Change meter shows 0%. Does this mean Its time to change it or its 100% good??

that's either your oil has no life lift < change ASAP

or

when your car was serviced the last time someone forgot to reset it

the oil shows some % if it's newer than 10,000kms or less I guess, or how you use the car

zmr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS-V
It cant have been reset then as the oil still looks like golden honey and the windscreen sticker says its due for replacement at 30K...Im guessing they did it at 15K mark...and I purchased the car with 15800 on the clock.

Cheers for the info.

Anyone know how to reset it the oil percentage?