Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS UTE 1/4 mile times

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
I have run 12.8 and 12.9 sec quarters and only have a VCM Otr and Pacemaker 1 and 7/8 extractors high flow cats and 3 inch manta exhaust. Its manual and I also run Yokohama R-spec rubber which makes abit of difference.

VESSVUTEWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SSV Ute 6.0Lt Man
They do say it cost about $1000 per 0.1 sec of time you want to make up. So start spending lol

1uzVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GXP Maloo A6 317kw
you should be able to get a 12.9 if u can improve your 60ft 2.5 avg is slow should be able to get near a 2.0 at least with street rubber

MJC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
managed a 13.1 last time so getting closer and cheers have noticed my 60fts is where it needed to come down

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
I'm keen to get mine down to Eastern Creek for the street meets and give it a lash. I have CAI (not OTR) Hurricane 1 7/8" Extractors, 2 1/2" sports system and a retune (not mafless) Making 330rwhp. Torque management disabled on the auto so when you change gears, it maintains full engine power. I don't fully understand what or how it works, but i know when it changes gears under hard acceleration it launches.
I'd be happy if i could manage low 13's! I'm told that with what i have high 12's are possible, but i doubt it on the tyres i have (not OEM)

What's the deal with going to the street meets? Last time i went to the drags it was at Castlereagh.... yeah yeah i know... i'm showing my age!!

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
I bet ya yours is manual. I took mine down to perth motorplex and its a manual with full 3" exforce exhaust and mafless Duspeed OTR.......top speed was about 175km/h 60" about 2.5. 2.6 sec and the best time i could do was 13.5 sec pass. Just no traction what so ever that was with the standard 18" tyres at about 19psi....on the other hand that night was a dude with auto ve ss ute, OTR and tune only, standard exhaust and he was doing 12.7-12.9sec passes all night but his 60" was 1.9. and 2.0 sec and he also had slower top speed than me with 172km/h.........so what i want to say is traction is a big issue, work on that :)...........there isa video of me racing clubby on you tube "ve ss vs clubby" i think :) you can see it, it even slikpes changing 2-3 gear.......i hope i didnt go way off the topic :)

05GTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 gto
I have a 6 ltr GTO, exhaust, heads, cam, converter, diff gears.standard throttle body, intake etc 11.4 , 189 kph. at perth motorlex

N81

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II VE SS Ute
I'll be taking my ute down to Willowbank again when I can.
My first ever trip to the drags (not just in the ute), I couldn't get the launch right & kept having major issues with wheelspin & what felt like axle tramping. Running 20's with 35 rubber on 36 psi doesn't help.
Netted a best of 14.016 on my 2nd of 6 runs that night.
Ute is completely stock, but I know once I get my reaction times down (current best of .430) & get out of the hole properly, mid to high 13's are there for the taking.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Reaction times don't effect your et but a small reduction in your 60' will make a 4 fold difference at the top end

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
My ssv auto ute ran a 13 flat with a CSv otr, tune, and liquid injected LPG