Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Ute AFM exhaust

Arai_R1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 MY10 VE SS Ute
Hi guys, anyone heard more if there's a bolt on for the AFM? All Im really after is just a better sounding note rather than a dramatic power increase. Quite happy with the power, just not the pussy sound! I've read a few posts on here with people experiencing drone and vibrating. Any further info?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
KPM Auto > Holden > VE 6.0,6.2, SS,SSV,HSV > Exhaust Systems

Try these guys. This is the setup i'm getting for mine. AFM shouldn't be a problem, just ring them and ask they are very helpful. Pricey but full stainless. My brother has this setup and i can say without doubt, the best ve exhaust note going, by far. Should also add, guaranteed not to drone or your money back.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
I have the VCM 3" system on my ute and I dont have any drone either. Mind you, I have had the AFM removed fom my car though.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I got mine done as mentioned by TinSnips its a sedan with afm still active dont get any drone at all i didnt want something over the top so changed mufflers and 2.25 inch i thought 2.5 inch a bit loud where i live out of respect to my neighbours but glad didnt go 2.5 cause sometimes i dont want that much noise but i still have the V8 note at start up and when i put my foot down when i wanna play which is what i want. I see your in Perth got mine done in Melb by JHP Google it and go to exhaust section sorry i dont kn ow how to link it.
Good Luck
BUT CHECK UTE MAY SOUND DIFFERENT

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
I'm in Melb too vessme, so yours doesn't drone at all and didn't have to disable the AFM? So is that a Cat Back or all the way through?
I have been to a few places and they all say it won't drone, then want to turn off the AFM and look at me funny when I tell them I do a bunch of highway driving and there is a noticeable different in economy.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Hi MickVE I have not disabled my AFM and just got the Cat Back only (2.25inch) the only thing i have noticed is when it drops down to the AFM mode u can just hear it for a second or two its not a drone hard 2 explain but not an annoying noise like a VERY LITTLE backfire but i dont notice it any more.
Need to no anything else will try and help u .
Cheers

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Thanks for that vessme, sounds like a plan to go for that one then i think. Like I said earlier I have been pretty annoyed that most exhaust places seem to want to turn off AFM to stop the drone even for a catback.