Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V 2012 Minor Modifacations

Natharley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V redline 2012
Hi all,

I recently purchesed a VE SS-V Redline manual and looking to do minor mods to improve performance with a little extra noise . I was looking at a VCM OTR with maf, I've noticed there different for 2012.Cat back exhaust 2 1/2 looking at X Force & re tune. Has anyone has issues with warranty with the above mods?

Also has anyone purchesed a retune on line? Or is it still recommended to have a dyno?

MACE

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchesed a VE SS-V Redline manual and looking to do minor mods to improve performance with a little extra noise . I was looking at a VCM OTR with maf, I've noticed there different for 2012.Cat back exhaust 2 1/2 looking at X Force & re tune. Has anyone has issues with warranty with the above mods?

Also has anyone purchesed a retune on line? Or is it still recommended to have a dyno?

It depends on the dealer I guess, I say this as there are new Holden dealership around that flash our tunes into new Holden vehicles and still honor new car warranty

However to err on the side of safety, it's always a good idea to revert back to stock when you're taking the car back to the dealer for a service.

I suppose this can easily be done with the tune and OTR, however the exhaust not so easily. The latter though, I don't think that the dealer would mind. Worse case, they may make you go to them to get the exhaust fitted such that it's "covered" under warranty

On a side note an exhaust system to consider would be one of these Manta Performance which you should be able to get through a local workshop or this forum member http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/member.php?u=28347

As for the difference between a remote custom tune and a dyno one, given the mods you're proposing, not a great deal in the power stakes. You also have to take the vehicle back to your dyno operator to get the car flashed back to standard, unless they supply you with the appropriate tuning gear which isn't commonly done. Where is with our system, if you purchase the programmer outright, you can flash between tunes at your convenience, along with receiving free calibration updates if you make additional hardware changes down the track (such as a set of diff gears etc)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers,
Steve