Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V beeping at start-up

xcopr

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega xcop car
hey guys mines x cop car o7 and i only get seat bealt warning lights no beeps so iam sure u can take it off some how

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Mine does it too, I thought it was part of the welcome screen, but could be for seatbelts. While we're at it... the passenger seatbelt reminder beeps before we move too.

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Ve 2007 & Calais VE 2007
seat belts, they are there to save your ass if you get into a crash, instead of going though something complicated like shorting the wires or something as bothersome as pushing down the release button and holding it, how about you just follow the law and put it on, its not that hard

tim rigby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
cut the red wire in your seat belt buckle the buckle bolted to the floor pull back rubber gromet there under it cut red only tape wires has no affect on anything except the bloody beep **** noise have done it to my ve ss no problems at all its the answer to your problem has no affect on airbags at all car thinks your seat belt is already on happy quiet motoring

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
cut the red wire in your seat belt buckle the buckle bolted to the floor pull back rubber gromet there under it cut red only tape wires has no affect on anything except the bloody beep **** noise have done it to my ve ss no problems at all its the answer to your problem has no affect on airbags at all car thinks your seat belt is already on happy quiet motoring

Or instead of chopping up your loom get someone with a Tech 2 to enable Police Mode on the dash
Fixed. no more seatbelt reminder dings.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Curious as to why cop cars would have seatbelt warnings disabled... #mindboggles

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
If I was exiting a vehicle with my pistol drawn I wouldn't have the belt on. One less distraction I guess. What else does cop mode do on the dash?

tim rigby

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
tim rigby

Nah it's something you need to do each time you get in the car. If anyone finds a definate solution please share it with the world :D

to stop ve ss beeping on start up you need to cut the red wire going to your seat belt buckle find buckle and peel back the rubber gromet the wires are under it cut red only then tape wire to prevent shorting affects nothing else but that f...ing beep enjoy

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Mine doesn't beep if you don't have belt on at startup but the light on the dash flashes . It only beeps if you go over about 5 Kays an hour with the belt off .